AirPlus International is an international provider of innovative solutions for corporate travel payment. About 1,300 employees support our more than 49,000 corporate customers worldwide. Our long-time experience make us a competent and reliable partner in all matters relating to Business Travel Management. This makes us market leader in Germany. Our continuous success is founded on the knowledge, professionalism and outstanding engagement of our employees. They are the ones that keep up and promote our high standards. This is why evolvement and further development of our employees is so important to us.
Marketing Manager UK
Office based position with flexible working hours (availability outside of standard working hours required)
International (mainly Europe) travel required
Matrix management/ Lateral Linkage
Marketing Manager is responsible for all marketing and communications activity within the UK market. As an active member of the UK Management team, the role will involve close collaboration with UK leadership team, including Commercial Team and Managing Director.
Marketing Strategy and Planning
Content Creation and Communications
- Management of the local UK marketing budget and maximization of ROI.
- Setting and implementing UK marketing strategy, in conjunction with the global marketing strategy
- Responsible for the maintenance of the UK Marketing calendar and providing regular updates to the UK Management team with upcoming activities.
Social media and brand awareness
- Maintaining primary editorial/Media relations with key industry-focused publications and journalists with strong focus on social media
- Working with customers and partners to generate testimonials and case studies to assist sales efforts
- Generate a consistent volume of marketing & sales collateral, print and digital in-house and/or through the extensive use of agencies, that is relevant and ensures maximum return on investment.
- Coordinating all aspects of customers communications and direct marketing
- Developing AirPlus UK’s existing presence on LinkedIn and exploring different social platforms that could be used to enhance AirPlus’ online viability.
- Supporting the activities of the UK team on Social Media
- Building brand awareness within the industry, across all channels and mediums available
- Generating press releases and announcements for company, customer, partner and product innovations and news
- Responsible for AirPlus’ regular and professional attendance at industry events
- Coordination and launch of new/existing AirPlus events e.g. UK Client Events, Press Talks, industry briefing/networking events
Flexible working times, flat hierarchies and varied work on innovative projects create an ideal environment for your personal success. Our made-to-measure further education and training options offer an excellent development possibility for your career.
- An academic qualification at graduate level e.g. Bachelor level is desirable
- 3-5 years of relevant working experience in a corporate marketing and communications department or an advertising/PR agency within areas such as:
- Direct customer communications
- Digital marketing including social and third party media
- Press relations/Communications
- Strategic and commercially driven marketing campaigns
- Comprehensive, up-to-date knowledge and understanding of UK and industry marketing trends
- Knowledge and understanding of the corporate card and/or business travel industry would be beneficial
- Confident and articulate communicator both verbally and in writing and able to present with confidence and credibility, using a variety of styles and media tailored and adapted to the specific needs of the audience
- Understanding of customer centricity and solution based marketing
- Ability to interpret management needs, influence and negotiate; able to work in both remote and a matrix management environment
- Stakeholder management skills including dimplomacy and tact
- Excellent networking and interpersonal skills and the ability to build trusted and collaborative relationships with the internal and external stakeholders at all levels of an organization
- High level of business acumen, corporate awareness and a commitment to supporting cross-divisional activities
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize work effectively within time constraints to meet deadlines and achieve results
- Proactive, energetic and flexible
- Able to ‘think on their feet’, working with minimal direction
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsfot Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Basic skills in Adobe Acrobat X, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe InDesign highly desirable
Do you accept the challenge?
Then send your complete documentation via our AirPlus job portal, specifying your availability and your salary expectations to: