London – Hammersmith- W68BS
Salary – Competitive + 15% bonus + benefits
This is an exciting time to join Virgin Media as a Marketing Manager – Social , PR & Editorial and fantastic opportunity to play a key role in the launch and commercial success of a new proposition
The role is responsible for creating awareness of the new proposition and driving website visits and sales from PR, Social and Editorial activity.
So why Virgin Media? We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade, with a £billion programme to extend our ultrafast broadband network and brilliant Virgin TV to millions of homes and businesses. We’re challenging our competitors with the best services and the fastest speeds
• Develop a communications strategy to raise awareness of the new proposition, amplify key product/brand messages, drive consideration and activate interest / web site visits
• Develop a cost efficient proposition launch campaign by identifying low cost/high impact opportunities to reach the target audience through PR, editorial and viral/social media mediums
• Test and trial alternative marketing approaches and channels to identify the optimum marketing plan to maximise ROI
• Manage activity and campaigns end-to-end from idea inception and brief through to creative development and delivery
• Responsible for overall commercial performance of the activity, management of budgets, forecasts, planning and scheduling activity
• Support development of tactical responses to achieve sales target performance.
• Develop and maintain a content calendar of consumer editorial, press releases, external articles and press releases, adapting to support future proposition developments and key events.
• Work closely with the Social Media response team to ensure alignment with key messages, brand values and current communications activity
• Monitor and analyse competitor activity across social media channels.
• Analyse performance of activity including reporting and cascade of results and coverage with recommendations for improvements.
• Monitor trends in social media developments, tools, applications, channels and strategy.
• Produce weekly and monthly updates of performance across all Social Media channels Brand.
Required Critical Behaviours
• Passionate about digital
• A natural storyteller with exceptional written and verbal communication skills as well as editorial judgement
• Results orientated and able to balance creativity and commercial effectiveness
• Excellent communicator and relationship builder,
• Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
• Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and work to deadlines
• Efficient and calm when working under pressure
• Ability to solve problems constructively and propose practical ways ahead when faced with difficulties
• Ability to work well independently and to contribute as part of a team, with a supportive attitude to colleagues
Required Key skills and experience
• Track record of increasing reach and engagement through own ideas and individual management of social accounts
• Track record of achieving targets
• Sound ability with Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Required Qualifications & Experience
• Marketing experience in a similar role (client or agency side).
• Undergraduate degree, preferably in Marketing.
• Good understanding of digital channels and non-digital channels in particular social media, online editorial, viral marketing and PR
• Experience of managing and delivering online plans including working with and managing creative/media agencies.
• Experience of managing a communications plan, and proven track record in delivery results according to target.
Join and you’ll be part of the Virgin Media family. We’re a great place to work – and we offer impressive benefits too! You will get a generous holiday allowance, contributory pension, performance related bonus and, of course, discounts across Virgin Media products ad Virgin brands!
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!