Marketing Manager (maternity cover) - London
Environmental Resources Management (ERM) is a leading global provider of environmental, health, safety, risk, social consulting services and sustainability related services. We have more than 160 offices in over 40 countries and territories employing more than 4,500 people who work on projects around the world. In the past three years we have worked for more than 50 per cent of the Global Fortune 500 delivering innovative solutions for business and selected government clients helping them understand and manage the sustainability challenges that the world is increasingly facing.
We are seeking an experienced marketing professional to take on our Marketing Manager role (maternity cover) in London. This person will be responsible for leading the Marketing function of this busy business unit covering the UK, Ireland and Norway. You will support the Commercial Director in developing and implementing the marketing strategy, in context of the overarching global strategy. You will act as the Marketing Lead for 9 key sectors, supporting and advising the Sector Leads to define and deliver go-to-market campaigns, ensuring all sector programmes are joined up. The role is primarily for maternity cover however, for the right candidate and with the anticipated growth and strategic direction of the business there may be the potential opportunity for a permanent position within the wider team / business.
As the UKIN Marketing Manager for this leading sustainability consultancy, you will be responsible for:
- Developing the annual marketing strategy and sector plans in line with business objectives. Working with Partners and Consultants to generate client messaging for the offering in the market.
- Devising and developing proactive initiatives to increase brand awareness and create sales opportunities with existing and potential clients.
- Engaging with the business and leading the Marketing team to ensure smooth planning, consummate execution and follow-up on events.
- Measuring the impact around a campaign using both qualitative and quantitative metrics. Producing board reports for the UKIN Management team.
- Developing and managing relationships and agreements with key event partners.
- Line managing the marketing team and contractors. Lead, coach and develop direct reports (Marketing Executive and Marketing Assistant).
- Managing various EMEA marketing initiatives.
- Working closely with the Group Marketing function to maximise their support and best practice.
- Managing marketing budget. Approve Marketing investment, analyse spend, report and forecast.
- Maintaining strong relationships with relevant membership bodies and subscriptions, ensuring ERM maximises value.
- Acting as the brand guardian for UKIN and various EMEA initiatives, ensuring the brand guidelines are adhered to so as to maintain a consistent external presence in the region.
- Responsible for the quality and consistency of all external communications (thought leadership, articles, press releases), acting as the key point of contact and providing relevant guidance to teams across the organisation. Liaising with third parties to ensure continuity of the market message and brand.
- Collaborating and building strong, trusted working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to ensure excellence and integration of campaigns.
- Representing Marketing at various meetings and functions both internally and externally.
Steer the Marketing team with the following activities:
- Development of materials (brochures, flyers, infographics, case studies etc.);
- Procurement database management and opportunity trackers;
- Events (Conferences, ERM hosted seminars, webinars, roundtables, drinks receptions, corporate hospitality etc.);
- Award submissions;
- Digital communications (electronic invitations, newsletters etc.) and digital media for external markets (videos, social media);
- Client feedback;
- Client, market and sector research;
- External communications;
- Brand/visual identity including templates;
- Photo shoots;
- Internal training for Marketing Administrative teams;
- Maintenance of Marketing Minerva (Intranet) site;
- Internal communications;
- Production of Sustainability data.
Skill and experience requirement
- 8 years + Marketing experience
- Degree educated, CIM qualification preferred
- Have a proven track record of delivering all aspects of marketing and communications
- Must have prior experience in B2B marketing, preferably in professional services
- Be able to manage a team effectively
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Have a good understanding of measuring success
- Excellent communicator and team player
- Energetic, resilient and resourceful
- Marketing experience in consultancy, preferably in Environmental, Social or Health & Safety services
- Good understanding of consultancy industry with client facing experience
- Network of contacts in relevant industry sectors
- Experience of working as part of a wider EMEA team and in a global business
- Based in London (Oxford, Bristol or Manchester other possible office locations)
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter including salary expectation.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.