The BBC iPlayer marketing team is responsible for evolving and delivering the brand and marketing strategy of the BBC iPlayer portfolio of products throughout their lifecycle in order to strengthen and maintain their position in the fiercely competitive VOD marketplace.
This includes designing and implementing forward-thinking, digital-first and ROI-driven strategies and plans in partnership with key stakeholders across Marketing and Audiences, Product, Editorial, UX, Communications, Business Development in order to shape product content and brand. The BBC iPlayer marketing team is directly responsible for ensuring that the overall iPlayer marketing effort is optimized for the audience and delivers a fully integrated experience on and off product while championing creative excellence throughout.
This is a fixed-term contract until 31/03/2019.
We are looking for a marketing manager with solid digital marketing expertise to join our team and be more directly responsible for delivering BBC iPlayer digital-first direct acquisition effort as well as guidance and support to the BBC iPlayer social team.
The Ideal Candidate
Key skills required are:
- Experience in running digital marketing campaigns for digital brands
- Experience in mobile marketing and app marketing including ASO, App acquisition and retention campaigns
- Familiar with mobile analytic tools such as Appsflyer, AppAnnie, SensorTower
- SEO/SEM expertise
- Experience in running acquisition campaigns on social media and digital ad networks for digital platforms and brands
- social media experience, able to design, build and maintain social media presence including social customer service and community management
- Familiar with social tools such as Social Studio, CrowdTangle, Brandwatch
- Capable of optimizing and evaluating end to end consumer journeys and user funnels
- A strong analytical mindset, capable of measuring and reporting performance of digital marketing campaigns and conversion tests, and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs)
- Able to identify trends and insights, and optimize spend and performance based on the insights
This role also requires to partner and work very closely with specialists in social media, media-planning, product marketing and content marketing.