Ziggicig is an online and retail vaping company with over 20 stores throughout Northern Ireland. As a company, we are innovative and constantly looking at new and improved ways to provide our products and services. Ziggicig is part of SM Innovations Ltd which has interests in shop fit-out, transport, development laboratory and wholesale companies, all of whom are going through various stages of development and expansion.
Marketing is essential to the future development of SM Innovations Ltd, and as such we have a unique, exciting and challenging opportunity for a Marketing Professional to join us on a new journey. We want to identify a person with ambition, determination, desire and an entrepreneurial mindset with the ultimate aim of making them a partner in a business that together we develop.
The aim of this role/partnership initially is to develop the Ziggicig brand to ensure that it has visibility in a highly competitive marketplace. The next step is for the successful person to develop a team to build on the other SM Innovation brands. The final and ultimate aim is to take that team, that offering and create a company able to provide a complete marketing & social media service to any company or organisation. We want to take the right candidate from Marketing Manager to Group Marketing Manager to Agency Director.
As such this role will allow the right candidate the opportunity to cover a multitude of marketing activities – digital marketing, content generation and campaign creation. This is a hands-on role which requires the right candidate to not only know what needs doing but to also be able to execute it.
We want to identify a person with the ambition, determination, capabilities, desire and who is entrepreneurial to take a project like this and move it forward. Someone who will be with us for the long term. For this reason, spending time with candidates before any appointment will be essential. Candidates should be prepared for a three-stage selection process which will include a presentation element.
The ideal person will have the following skills and traits;
- Creative, hard-working & passionate about being part of a successful team.
- Self-starter with an energetic and enthusiastic personality.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to quickly adjust to changes in the market.
- Prior experience of managing and prioritising multiple projects.
- A track record of brand development and digital marketing background.
- Ability to create and meet deadlines.
- Great attention to detail and strong analytical skills.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills.
- Sound experience of using a broad range of marketing software and platforms, i.e. social media channels, content management systems, email marketing platforms, Google analytics etc.
- Previous experience with a website CRM system such as Craft.
- A minimum of 3 years in a marketing manager or similar related role.
- Able to provide a minimum of 2 professional references.
- 3rd level qualification in business, marketing or a B2C related subject area.
- Previous experience working in an agency environment.
- Industry experience and knowledge.
- CIM membership/qualifications.
- Experience using graphic and document design software (e.g. Adobe, Illustrator or InDesign).
Full details of the financials, partnership scheme and KPI’s will be provided to all candidates called for an interview.
Marketing Manager & Future Partner – Job Description
A key part of this role is collaboration. You will be the lynchpin between Business Development and Sales and therefore must be able to bring the function together to ensure positive outcomes from all marketing activity. As such, you will have a demonstrable track record of how you have successfully managed to do this in previous roles.
Below is an overview of the roles, plus duties and responsibilities expected over the three phases of the role. Full details of the financials and partnership scheme will be provided to all candidates called for an interview. The timelines for progression are at this stage fluid and will be discussed further at interview.
Phase 1: Marketing Manager, Ziggicig;
- Develop the Ziggicig brand and marketing strategy.
- Increase customer engagement and following.
- Provide informative and useful content to customers.
- Drive sales through innovative marketing.
- Increase website visitors.
- Develop a loyal and interactive customer base.
- Ensuring marketing portrays the Ziggicig culture.
Responsibilities and expectations of the role will include;
- Execution of the social media plan with planning and attention to detail. You will understand how to use the main B2C social media channels to perform tasks such as brand awareness and lead generation based activities.
- You will proactively develop and execute the content plan for the year working with the other teams to ensure that messages are on-brand.
- In addition to creating the content, you will also be responsible for assessing its effectiveness and provide reporting as agreed. This will also include reviewing, maintaining and updating website content.
- Engagement with managers, staff and customers.
- Identification of areas for improvement and delivery of solutions to address these areas.
- Identifying and working with 3rd parties as agreed to manage the design and production of all marketing content and collaterals as agreed.
Phase 2: Group Marketing Manager, SM Innovations;
- Develop and manage a marketing team.
- Ensure that team is capable of providing all associated SM Innovation companies with all their marketing social media and marketing needs.
- Creating & develop a marketing brand/company name for taking to market.
Phase 3: Agency Director;
Present the marketing company offering to companies & organisations outside the SM Innovations brand; run, grow and develop the company. Over time the role will change as the business develops. The detail above is currently a guideline that we are open to discussing to best suit both parties.