£40,000 - £50,000
Sheffield office but full remote working
This is a fantastic opportunity for Digital Marketing Manager to join a fast growing media business which focuses on podcasting, analytics and marketing. This person will be responsible for planning and executing the marketing strategy with the help of a small inhouse marketing team to drive user acquisition, conversion and retention.
You must be a hands on marketer and have proven experience of working in a start up environment.
- Social media: Understand how to create a community and drive engagement around the most relevant social networks. Understand how content resonates and drives sharing. Know how to connect with influential people in these networks. BONUS: proven capability in growing YouTube or podcast channels.
- SEO: Must have experience driving traffic via targeted keywords, link building and on-page optimisations.
- Email marketing: Be able to generate email address signups using permission marketing. Understand how to drive customer engagement and reconnect with customers using email. Be able to manage and segment lists over time.
- Public relations/partner marketing: You must be able to get the attention of bloggers, journalists and other influential partners/potential affiliates relevant to the podcasting market; you must build and nurture these relationships in order to generate profitable relationships for all parties.
- Content marketing: Strategise & create content that is appropriate to our audience and generate traffic, engagement and signups based on this content. Blogs, podcasts, video, webinars and more are all on the table.
- Analytics: You have a good understanding of web analytics and know how to set up and use web analytics tools to measure & inform your marketing strategies.
- A/B testing and landing page optimisation: Experience working to analyse gaps in conversion rate optimisation (CRO) and signup flows and tweak, test and measure to improve.
- Business development: Identify and secure strategic partnerships in order to accelerate our growth.
- Product marketing: Working with the UX and engineering team to build effective engagement, retention and referral mechanics into the product.
- Copywriting: You will be able to create high-converting sales copy for the products.
- Marketing funnel design & implementation
- Paid digital marketing: Confident designing and implementing PPC/paid social campaigns.
- Positioning and differentiation: Quickly learn to understand the market, our brand and platform and how to position and differentiate our product within the space.
- Data-driven decision making: You must be comfortable analysing data to inform your next strategic decision and acting pragmatically when implementing your marketing.
The perfect person:
- A Marketing degree / qualification (or related subject)
- Absolutely MUST have experience of growing and retaining a paid user base / subscription background - B2C
- Proven track record of growing online customer base using all marketing channels
- Well versed of creative content and social media strategy - YouTube, podcasting, vlogging, video
- Must be able to travel frequently to places including New York City, Los Angeles and Orlando as the company has a large US presence
- Comfortable in a fast-paced industry and confident in being accountable for growth targets and ROI.
- Budget management responsiblity and ability to produce detailed forecasting, planning and analysis on marketing spend
Nice to haves:
- Experience of public speaking
*Forward Role is the retained recruitment agency for this position. Any speculative CVs sent by other agencies directly to the company will be sent on to Forward Role and used as part of the shortlisting process.
As an industry leading, nationwide Marketing, Digital, Analytics, IT and Design recruitment agency, we are continually receiving new assignments to work on, so keep a close eye on our website, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages for a full list of current permanent and interim opportunities as well as marketplace news and fun stuff.
Forward Role is operating as an employment agency.