There is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Marketing Manager to join the nation's leading Charity for girls and young women, to help deliver a new 5 year marketing strategy.
The charity has the support of 100,000 amazing volunteers and is active in every part of the UK, giving girls and young women a space where they can be themselves, have fun, build brilliant friendships, gain valuable life skills and make a positive difference to their lives and their communities.
This role will lead on the development and implementation of innovative marketing strategies to support the charity's awareness, understanding, interest, engagement and growth amongst key audiences.
The ideal candidate must have experience of working for big brands, delivering a range of engaging marketing strategies and campaigns, with a strong focus on customer/member engagement. You must have line management experience and should be able to evidence your success in your CV. You will be joining a large, supportive and friendly marketing team who all share the same goal and therefore work and socialise closely with one another.
Main areas of responsibility:
- Increase awareness, understanding, interest and engagement amongst the charity's key audiences, through the development and implementation of insight driven, audience-centric communication strategies and high profile, creative marketing campaigns
- Act as a brand champion and guardian for the charity's brand, including working closely with colleagues to ensure our brand is appropriately used and reflected across the charity
- Lead on the development and implementation of the marketing strategy to grow our membership (girls and volunteers) and supporter base
- Lead on the charity's brand strategy - and ensure the mission, vision and values are well understood across audiences
- Provide professional leadership to the staff team, including line managing marketing officers, creating a culture of excellence and close collaborative working with other relevant staff and volunteers, which actively promotes the charity's values
- Manage the budgeting, risk and reporting function for the charity in relation to marketing activities and develop policies and processes that support this work
- Lead the development of complex, cross-team project and communications plans - often involving many disciplines, contingencies, stakeholders and risks
- Work with colleagues and external agencies to gain accurate and useful insights about the current awareness, perceptions and engagement of our external audiences - and use this to inform our communications planning and strategy
- Work closely with internal teams (e.g. PR, Membership Communications, Digital, Internal Communications) to ensure communications to our internal and external audiences are co-ordinated and aligned
- Lead on liaison with relevant colleagues in the Countries and Regions to develop principles and processes for producing effective and coordinated marketing plans.