Marketing Manager - Ethical drinks
Our client is a leading ethical drinks brand that uses profit made to fund sustainable water projects which help improve the lives of those without access to safe drinking water. They are looking for an FMCG or food service brand manager to join their team. Start up in size. Based in South London
About the Role
This is a great role if you are wanting to make a real difference and have a role with lots of autonomy.
Working directly into the Commercial Director on strategy, you will be responsible for driving the growth of the brand and ensuring all aspects of its marketing are aligned on a day to day basis. The main objective is to grow the brand significantly from its current turn over in order to be able to contribute more funds to fresh water projects.
At this stage of development within the company, it's about making sure that the brand look and feel is cohesive across the whole product range, being a brilliant project manager working with factories and suppliers to get new products listed and to make sure launches are executed with excellence.
They are looking to employ an individual who has a good understanding of marketing processes and will enjoy creating some structure and good project management practices to the business.
- Will lead projects independently - you need to lead from the front and be a fantastic project manager - keeping internal and external stakeholders to account.
- Analyse current brand and strategy (SWOT) and then create brand plans and strategy with the
- Commercial Director ensuring all activities align with ethos and goals of the brand.
- Keep abreast of competitor activity - and conduct general market research.
- Develop marketing materials and communication strategy for defined One target audience/consumers
- Project manage NPD
- Oversee trade and shopper marketing strategy and implementation - produce sales tools and supporting decks for sales team.
- Manage external agencies
- Identify and manage brand partnerships and sponsorships
- Budget management and ROI reporting on invested activity
- Manage brand through supply chain
- Review and manage consumer and trade events attended.
- Tailor plans for retailers Present brand strategy to internal stakeholders and customers.
No two days are the same and they are looking for ambitious, passionate and motivated people to join their team. They need a marketer who will be excited to work in an entrepreneurial company, with ambitions to ramp up growth significantly in the next few years. You must be relentless, enthusiastic and genuine!
Prior experience as a brand manager coming from FMCG or Foodservice background - with a record of delivering tangible results.
- Ideally an understanding of marketing to different channels (i.e. impulse, food service and grocery mults)
- Experience developing and launching new products
- Experience in start-ups or entrepreneurial brands where budgets are limited or a desire to work in this type of environment.
- Commercial understanding with strong financial acumen in the UK market
- Can do attitude, with the ability to influence and work in a collaborative way
- Proven implementation ability Proactive and results driven
- Good Interpersonal skills with the ability to influence both upwards and downwards
- Flexibility to adapt plans/challenges as they arise
Need to be
- Intelligent, entrepreneurial, creative and passionate
- Have the initiative and self-confidence to come up with ideas, propose them and make them happen without being spoon fed and without relying on huge budgets or external agencies to do all the thinking
- Someone who thinks and suggests what to do rather than always asking what to do
- Confident and articulate presenting to the founders and leading agencies.
- Down to earth, collaborative and practical; prepared to get stuck into whatever is required at a small company
- Have good attention to detail and be highly organised. Your work should be ready to go straight out to customers and consumers without going through layers of process
- Have a strong consumer feel, know what would resonate with our audience
- Someone who can hold their own in a vibrant, fast paced environment
- Commercially astute, with good business acumen and numeracy
- Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint If this role sounds just like you, please get in touch.
** Please note that due to the high number of applicants we receive, we may not be able to respond to every application. If you don’t hear back from us within 3 days please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please continue to visit our website and register for job alerts as new opportunities arise daily **