Are you looking for a new challenge in a dynamic, fast paced environment that offers the agility of a start-up but with the resources of a multinational?
Would you like to work with a product that allows you to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories?
That is what we do here at HomeAway.com, part of the Expedia group…
HomeAway is the world leader in holiday rentals with sites representing more than 2 million unique places to stay. Our mission is to help families and friends make unforgettable holiday memories and make every vacation rental in the world available to everyone through our online marketplace.
We are looking for a strong marketing leader passionate about the travel space, who is experienced at driving end to end marketing campaigns and activating the Marketplace.
You will be responsible for managing an expert team of local marketers passionate about implementing strategy by producing strong go- to-market plans for a country. This will range from crafting, implementing and executing an activation program ranging from events, to social media, to digital or guerrilla marketing, and anything in between - all to engage our consumers and partner base.
You will also provide ongoing input to Senior management in exploring new potential partnerships or tactics to pilot and scale for growth to build the business.
Your strong strategic and commercial skills will come into play as you work side by side with the regional business counterparts, developing outbound campaigns according to specific business opportunities to achieve both the common revenue goals of the region as well as with Global counterparts - ultimately ensuring the successful and consistent execution of HomeAway’s engagement strategy at a local level.
• Senior Marketing leader in the region that leads team of local marketing activation resources in Region
• Build partnerships with large brands in defined categories to increase the vacation rental marketplace awareness through co-marketing initiatives.
• Manage our marcom spend allocation and media mix based on country/marketplace revenue goals and market growth potential
• Activate our owner/partners in destination by developing event and guerrilla marketing initiatives
• Craft a multi-channel, integrated marketing plan by country and destination for both our traveller and owner/partners
• Produce unique merchandising opportunities across destinations leveraging DMOs and other local content providers
• Extensive, demonstrable experience (circa. 10+ years for example) in producing and leading Multi-Channel Consumer Marketing plans and campaign strategy
• A proven track record (potentially demonstrated over 8+ years) in leading marketing organizations including events, social media, or product marketing teams
• A local marketing and audience authority, with strong, tangible experience and a background (again, circa 10+ years for example) in product marketing to customers in the UK, that can be seen as a thought leader within the company.
• Experience of executing partner marketing strategy between various brands and co-marketing tactics between products
• Experience managing agency resources for marketing creative and design
• Ability to produce customer focused merchandising and marketing roadmaps
• Deep understanding of all digital, offline, event and social marketing channels and new trends
• Real passion for travel, marketing and new global trends in travel technology