Reporting to our MD, your role as Marketing Director will be crucial in the evolution of our marketing team. Your initial task will be to bring together, lead and coordinate our current group of marketers, taking stock of current strategy to build a best-in-class marketing capability across the business.
As well as the MD, you will work closely with other members of the senior team such as our Head of Product, Head of Analytics, Head of UK Business Performance and Head of Finance. You will manage a marketing function of around ten, with direct reports including our Head of CRM, Senior Marketing Manager, SEO Manager and Spokesperson. You will need to coordinate across marketing disciplines, to create a holistic strategy that delivers against our business goals. You will be a pivotal part of driving customer centricity across the organization, and play a key role in building our brand.
The successful candidate will be a marketing leader with a strong customer focus. You should have a proven track record of success in marketing roles within consumer-facing digital businesses, and delivering exceptional results. You should be able to be both in the detail, but also manage overall strategy for the department.
This is a high visibility, high impact role in a fast-growing team and we need someone who can match the drive and ambition of the business.
- Developing the Oddschecker UK marketing strategy and KPI’s, empowering a multidisciplinary team to deliver it
- Full management of the marketing P&L, working closely with our Head of Finance
- Manage and develop a team of marketers, including Content, SEO, Acquisition, CRM and PR
- Manage a wide variety of stakeholders, at all levels of seniority
- Bring the broader organization with them, highlighting the importance of the marketing function and generating the necessary support to achieve the required change
- Operate at pace within an agile, lean environment
So, what experience are we looking for?
- Track record of leading change, creating robust strategy and mobilising a team to execute against it
- Customer centric, with extensive experience of marketing in a fast-paced, consumer facing digital business
- Background in performance marketing, with the ability to get into the detail and execute at a tactical level when needed
- Highly data literate – can work in partnership with product and analytics teams to identify customer needs and create plans to deliver against this
- Collaborative by nature and an excellent communicator
- Natural team leader, with experience of leading marketing teams and with the ability to empower direct reports giving them the freedom to fail fast and learn from mistakes.
Nice to have:
- Experience with aggregator products (price comparison engines)
- Keen interest in sports and the betting industry
- Degree educated in Marketing or similar
What you’ll get back from us
The trust, remit and support to help lead and influence a hugely exciting, successful and fun business.
- Competitive bonus %
- Free Sky HD package, Broadband and discounted Sky Talk
- Subsidised Puregym membership
- Free healthcare with Bupa, life assurance and income protection
- Pension scheme with up to 9% contribution from the company
- £1,000 training fund each financial year, to spend on your professional development
- 25 days holiday which increases by 1 day for each year of service (up to 30 days)
Our People Ambition is to attract & develop diverse & talented people to meet the current and future growth needs of SB&G. Together, our aim is to create the Best Digital Business to work at.