Marie Stopes International (MSI) is a global organisation providing personalised contraception services to women and girls. Our local teams of professionals are passionate about the work they do in communities across 37 countries. The services we provide give a woman the power to choose when she has children so that she is free to pursue her plans and dreams for herself and her family.
The primary responsibility of this role is to further MSI’s Goal: The Prevention of Unwanted Births and its mission of ensuring the individual’s right to Children by Choice Not Chance.
The Global Marketing Team (GMT) guides MSI on best practice for:
1) Overcoming behavioural barriers and generating demand for our service delivery through MSI channels with behavioural change BC) initiatives that meet the needs of our key client groups
2) Pro-actively leading & developing the MSI product portfolio and building the product communication strategies that are synergistic to MSI brand & service campaigns
3) Leads in the development of global goods based on best practice that can be adapted to country context. It includes specialists in adolescent programming as well as contact centres and other continuum of care solutions
The objective of the GMT is to increase the number of family planning and safe abortion services we are able to provide to women in need. The team provides expert support to country programmes in the use of research findings and audience insight, development of demand creation strategy, branding, and improving the client experience in our services.
Reporting to the VP & HSD Director, you will be responsible for leading the Marketing team to establish rigorous approaches to marketing and behavioural change initiatives to maximise access to safe abortion services and contraception, and to support the delivery of service income via our complementary social marketing portfolio.
To succeed in this role, you must have:
- Extensive experience working in Marketing in Consumer /health / or pharmaceutical sectors
- Significant experience of working with global brands, consumer or health markets, ideally at global and local level.
- Significant experience in sales and marketing in the health or development sector, and including taking products/services to scale and within the regulatory environment
- Highly experienced in working with marketing agencies and suppliers in product development and marketing communications
- Proven experience in healthcare new brand/ and product development & launch (market mapping; client segmentation & targeting, pricing, product packaging thru to detailing, healthcare & client communications)
- Experience working with marketing budget/cost centre accountability representing organisations externally with stakeholders (ideally in Sexual Reproductive Health)
- Experience working overseas over sustained period, particularly in developing countries or resource-limited settings
- Experience Good & proven regulatory knowledge of the pharmaceutical/medical devices sector
- Experience in sexual reproductive health and related sectors is highly preferred
- Supply chain, forecasting management, product packaging harmonisation
- Knowledge of contact centre management
- P&L management and accountability
- Fluency in French
You will be expected to travel up to 20-25% of the time
For more information about the role, please view the job framework on our website.
In addition, you will have the right to work in the UK and be pro-choice on children by choice & not chance
Closing date: Sunday 4th March 2018 (midnight GMT). Interviews may take place before this date for exceptional candidates so please don’t delay your application
Salary: circa £80-90k depending on ability and experience.
TO APPLY FOR THE ROLE CLICK THE APPLY BUTTON BELOW