The Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) is looking for a Marketing Coordinator to join us on a permanent full-time basis, at the Science Park Cambridge (free onsite parking and close to public transport).
As Marketing Coordinator, you will provide support for campaign marketing activities and will work across the Marketing Department to ensure the smooth and effective running of campaigns and associated activity. You will also help marketing project managers to keep projects organised, track and dispense all of the information that various team members need and communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
Some occasional national travel will be required. Occasional working from home on an ad-hoc basis and starting between 8.30am to 9.30am or finishing between 4.30pm to 5.30pm could be accommodated, as long as you can maintain a 35-hour week, subject to business needs.
The Royal Society of Chemistry is the world’s leading chemistry community and the UK’s professional body for chemical scientists. With over 54,000 members worldwide, we work to shape the future of the chemical sciences – for the benefit of science and humanity.
Our marketing services must attract attention, inspire involvement and create the desire to take action among all our audiences, proactively managing and enhancing our organisational reputation working across the broadest range of channels and tactics to have impact cost-effectively.
We are looking for:
- Good written and verbal communications skills.
- An ability to manage the needs and expectations of customers with tact and diplomacy.
- Sound project coordination and project management skills.
- Exceptional organisation skills and the ability to co-ordinate multiple activities successfully, to deliver to tight deadlines.
- Sound understanding of marketing principles and creative flair for marketing and communications.
- Willingness to actively participate in meetings and discussions, with evidence of successful use of problem solving skills.
- Flexible and adaptable with an ability to respond to changing needs.
- A passion for communicating about science/chemistry.
- Familiarity with WorkFront as a workflow scheduling tool is an advantage.
- A degree in marketing/professional marketing qualification is an advantage with evidence of a commitment to Continuous Professional Development (CPD).
At the Royal Society of Chemistry, we will reward your contribution with an excellent benefits package. If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply before the end of our closing date.