Who we are
Science Group provides independent advisory, regulatory and advanced product development services focused on science and technology initiatives. We operate at the cutting edge of science and innovation, supporting our clients under five specialist brands: Sagentia, Oakland Innovation, OTM Consulting, Leatherhead Food Research and Technology Sciences Group (TSG Consulting).
We are seeking a Marketing Coordinator to join the central marketing team. The role will report to the Marketing & Communications Manager, who manages the marketing function for our Leatherhead Food Research and TSG Consulting businesses. With responsibilities primarily for Leatherhead Food Research, the role will suit an individual who is proactive, enjoys being a key team member and who has a passion for science and technology and the differences it can make to our world. The role is based in Epsom (where the Group has a major office and R&D centre) and the successful candidate will be happy to travel to the Group’s other UK locations from time to time.
- Use different means of marketing, such as website, social media and email marketing, to manage marcomms programmes to drive attendance at training courses.
- Event management for internal and external events, such as tradeshows, conferences and seminars; includes logistics, planning and marcomms such as email, web and social media.
- Provide business development support through data mining, database updates (Salesforce), inputting business cards and list building.
- Assist the Marketing & Communications Manager with ideas for new content and direct mail pieces such as newsletters, articles, infographics, videos, animations, etc., helping shape the messaging and language involved.
- Work with the Marketing & Communications Manager and the Group design champion to produce new visual graphics, as well as ensure that all existing and new visual content is up-to-date with the most recent brand designs and guidelines.
- Marketing admin and support such as purchase orders, general email enquiries, sourcing and ordering branded materials, maintaining photo library including sourcing new images and assisting with photoshoots and liaising with external suppliers to deliver work.
You’ll be a passionate and aspiring marketer with strong practice foundations built through a combination of working experience and study. With a keen eye for detail, you’ll be able to craft content and master messaging with excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- 2-3 years’ previous marketing experience and study
- Excellent writing/editing skills
- Excellent working use of PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritise tasks
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Familiar with CRM systems; knowledge of Salesforce an advantage
- Familiar with design packages; knowledge of InDesign and Photoshop an advantage
- Experience of updating websites; knowledge of WordPress an advantage
How to apply
Please attach a CV and cover letter. We really recommend you take some time over the covering letter, at least as much as your CV. The covering letter is the first thing we look at and we really pay a lot of attention to it.
So here are some tips:
- Try and let your personality show through. Your CV is for education and experience; please use the covering letter to convey your craft and capabilities as a marketer.
- Attention to detail is hugely important in our work, so do bear that in mind. This is a presentation about, and of, yourself; so make sure that you've nailed the spelling, the grammar and the formatting.