Marketing Communications Manager
Contract: Permanent – Full time
Salary: £32,100 - £43,300
What it’s about
The Marketing Communications Manager plays a vital role within Cambridge Assessment English, ensuring marketing activities, initiatives and messaging are closely aligned to high-level business objectives. As Marketing Communications Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing the development and implementation of large-scale, multi-channel marketing campaigns for the Higher Education and Adult sector, as well as ensuring consistent messaging is applied globally across a range of channels and marketing materials. This will require close collaboration with colleagues across the business and around the world so good communication skills, along with an ability to prioritise, are extremely important. This is a diverse and multi-faceted role within a fast-paced team so the chosen candidate will need to be pro-active and enthusiastic.
What you’ll be doing
- Working collaboratively with the High Education and Adult sector team to ensure marketing initiatives, activities and channels are closely aligned to high level business objectives.
- Creating and implementing marketing communications plans across all channels including social, digital, print, advertising and events.
- Developing, implementing and project managing global multi-channel marketing campaigns; monitoring and evaluating campaigns to ensure agreed objectives are met; keeping stakeholders up to date with overall project progress and managing risk proactively; ensuring campaign performance is measured against success criteria.
- Working closely with internal colleagues and external agencies to ensure consistent and effective messaging is implemented across all channels and marketing materials globally.
- Managing the production budget for the Marketing Communications team, including forecasting and reporting of budget expenditure. Managing the commissioning process for freelancers and agencies and ensure budget is tracked effectively.
What we’re looking for
- Substantial experience in a marketing role (Essential)
- Outstanding project management experience, especially management of complex marketing projects, including planning, prioritisation of tasks, monitoring of progress and reporting. (Essential)
- Experience in working on large scale, multi-channel marketing campaigns with a strong understanding of digital marketing. (Essential)
- Excellent copywriting skills (Essential)
- Excellent standard of spoken and written English (Essential)
- First-class communication and interpersonal skills (Essential)
- Excellent time management and organisational skills with an ability to prioritise a heavy workload (Essential)
- Strategic thinker who can understand complex issues and come up with solutions (Desirable)
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills (Desirable)
- Strong analytical skills (Desirable)
Who we are
Cambridge Assessment English helps people learn English and prove their skills to the world. We are part of Cambridge Assessment, a department of the University of Cambridge. We provide the world’s leading range of qualifications and tests for learners and teachers of English. Globally-recognised by more than 20,000 leading universities, employers and governments, our research-based assessments are a mark of excellence that open doors.
English is spoken in every corner of the globe: from cafés to campuses, markets to meeting rooms and everywhere in between. We deliver exams to 5.5 million people in over 130 countries every year.
Our work is supported around the world by a network of 2,800 exam centres, over 50,000 schools and tens of thousands of examiners, teachers, education experts and publishers. Working together, we inspire learners to go further.
With the right support, learning a language is an exhilarating journey. We’re here for every learner, every step of the way.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader and be rewarded with valuable learning opportunities, a competitive salary and benefits.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive package of benefits to help with your life both inside and outside of work:
- Generous contributory pension
- 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay and childcare voucher scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Employee discount and cash back scheme at 2,500 retailers
- Cycle scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Subsidised staff restaurants
- Support for professional qualifications
- Discounted access to the University of Cambridge Sport Centre, along with various other local gyms.
Work/life balance is important to us here at Cambridge Assessment, and we offer all our colleagues a range of flexible working options, which suit both the business and the employee. So please let us know of any flexible working requirements when applying and we can see how we can support you.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 29/04/2018 and interviews will be held on 9/05/2018.
Going forward all Job Description content will be incorporated into the body of our Job Adverts. This allows candidates to read all the job information no matter where they have seen the job role. A separate job description document may be sent out at the interview invite stage but will include the same content as our advert.
As part of your recruitment process you will be required to undergo a background screening. This will be carried out by our selected supplier, Credence Background Screening Limited.