JOB TITLE: MARKETING CAMPAIGNS OFFICER
POST TYPE: FULL TIME
DURATION: UP TO 2 YEARS
UNIT: DESTINATION MARKETING
GRADE: STAFF OFFICER (SO)
LINE MANAGER: DESTINATION MARKETING MANAGER
SALARY SCALE: £29,317 - £32,861
LOCATION: BELFAST. However will be expected to travel within Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland to fulfil the requirements of the post.
HOURS OF WORK: Normal working hours are 9am – 5.15pm – Monday to Friday. Due to the nature of this post, there is a requirement to work outside normal working hours.
ANNUAL LEAVE: Leave allowance is 25 days p.a. plus 12 Public and Bank Holidays.
The Department works to co-ordinate and deliver fully integrated marketing campaigns and promotional activity promoting Northern Ireland tourism to the domestic and Republic of Ireland markets. The overall purpose of this position is to develop, deliver and evaluate innovative marketing campaigns that meet the strategic needs of the wider Northern Ireland tourism industry. The Job Holder may be required to deliver multiple campaigns and activity throughout the year. The Job Holder will also be required to support partners in the development of international campaigns for Northern Ireland.
The Job Holder will be responsible for the following areas and activities:
- Manage the day-to-day liaison with Tourism NI’s advertising agency/ies.
- Provide administrative support to the Director of Marketing in managing the contract between Tourism NI (TNI) and agency partners and ensure appropriate contract monitoring mechanisms are in place.
- Manage MOUs, Partnership Agreements and Contracts within the Unit as and when necessary.
- In partnership with the Experience Development Team, the Digital Team, and the rest of the Marketing Division, devise innovative advertising and digital advertising campaigns that will ensure the delivery of the targets established in the Tourism Northern Ireland Operating Plan.
- Manage and deliver creative solutions, working in partnership with appointed agencies.
- Work with the Republic of Ireland (ROI) Office to ensure consumer marketing and PR opportunities are maximised and all campaigns are fully integrated with a comprehensive PR strategy.
- Evaluate all media recommendations and promotional opportunities.
- Act as guardian for the Northern Ireland tourism brand in ensuring that the brand is clearly represented in all Tourism Northern Ireland marketing communications.
- Ensure consumer research is integrated into all activity and a consistent segmented evidence-based approach is applied.
- Devise campaign agency briefings, presentation, feedback, approval and monitoring templates in agreement with the Destination Marketing Manager.
- Work with the Destination Marketing Manager to plan, deliver and evaluate promotions.
- Work with the Research & Evaluation Team to ensure a year round programme of monitoring and evaluation is implemented and delivered to meet the reporting needs of Tourism Northern Ireland.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to ensure understanding of and buy-in for Tourism Northern Ireland campaigns and co-ordinating project teams for campaigns.
- Provide regular campaign updates to internal and external stakeholders.
- Prepare Economic Appraisals and Post Project Evaluations for individual projects.
- Support and participate in cross-functional project teams as and when required.
- Assist in the delivery of the Destination Marketing Unit Plan and administer the budget line(s) for this post thus ensuring Value for Money (VFM) and in line with Tourism NI Financial Procedures.
- Provide regular campaign budget reports to the Destination Marketing Manager.
- Provide campaign budget departmental returns.
- Support the Unit Manager in recruiting, managing, motivating and developing the team to ensure that key activities are undertaken professionally in an efficient and effective manner.
- Support the Unit Manager to ensure that Unit activities are managed in line with TNI policies and procedures and values.
- Provide Line Management responsibilities for staff within the Destination Marketing Team including motivation, coaching and learning and development.
Managing Partnerships & Stakeholder Engagement
- Assist with the development and implementation of a programme of stakeholder engagement to raise awareness of TNI’s campaign activity, creating opportunities for collaborative working.
- Assist with the co-ordination of TNI’s campaign activity with key partners.
- Assist with the development of sponsorship/partner/promotional opportunities with external stakeholders to increase distribution channels for the Northern Ireland product.
- Assist with the management of two way communication, relationship building and knowledge sharing in relation to all the TNI’s Campaigns.
- Contribute to the development of the Annual Unit Operating Plan, the achievement of targets and promote corporate values and behaviours within the Team and across the organisation.
- Provide briefing material and draft responses and reports/emails as and when required by TNI Senior Management Team/Staff, the Department, the NI Assembly and members of the tourism industry/public within the specified timelines,
- Provide cover for Management within your Division to include decision making and attending meetings in their absence.
- Attend training as and when required and keep abreast of current developments in your area of work.
- Maintain, store and dispose of Unit records in accordance with TNI policy including the use of the EDRM (Electronic Document Record Management) system.
- Any other relevant duties required by Tourism NI management.
ESSENTIAL CRITERIA – EDUCATION/QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- 3rd level qualification in marketing, digital marketing communications, business or communications related field.
- A minimum of 2 years’ relevant experience of managing resources including staff, marketing campaigns and a marketing budget to ensure delivery of business objectives.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience of working in or with an advertising agency to deliver on marketing objectives.
ESSENTIAL CRITERIA – PERSONAL EFFECTIVENESS
The Job Holder will also possess a high standard of:
- Excellent communication/creative writing skills (oral and written) including experience of using both traditional and digital media to drive conversion into sales from leading on the planning and delivery of a fully integrated campaign.
- Sound negotiation, interpersonal and leadership skills to include partnering with others to meet business/campaign objectives.
- Sound organisational and planning skills including the ability to work to strict deadlines, prioritise tasks and experience of consumer marketing to support a portfolio of products across a number of markets.
- Excellent IT/Computer Literacy skills including the ability to interrogate consumer research and data analytics and incorporate learnings into campaign development to yield continuous improvement in marketing activity.
- The ability to work within a Team environment, on own initiative and take the lead where necessary.
- CIM post graduate diploma/Chartered Marketer status.
- IDM professional diploma in digital marketing or equivalent digital marketing diploma.
Applicants must also possess a current driving licence and use of a car for business purposes, or have access to a form of transport which will permit the applicant to meet the requirements of the post in full.
Tourism NI is committed to equality and will comply with the Section 75 of the Northern Ireland Act (1998) statutory duties which requires designated public authorities to have due regard to the need to promote equality of opportunity in relation to the nine equality categories and to have regard to the desirability of promoting good relations between persons of different religious belief; political opinion; and racial group.
The Disability Discrimination Act (1995) Section 49A requires designated public authorities to have due regard to the need to promote positive attitudes towards disabled persons, and to the need to encourage participation by disabled persons in public life.
This is not an exhaustive list of duties and requirements. The nature of the organisation is such that it must respond to the dynamic environment in which it operates and the nature of duties, tasks, knowledge and skills required for this post will evolve and change in time. The Job Holder is expected to adapt to these changes and develop the role as a result.
TOURISM NI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER