The Marketing Campaigns Manager role is based within Marketing.
This role is part of the UK marketing function which is focused on the strategic priorities of Global Private Banking and aims to support revenue growth for the business. Whilst the role will primarily focus on the UK, support will be required across the Europe region. Marketing for Global Private Banking focuses on understanding customers and the identification, development and execution of marketing strategies, campaigns and activities that support and strengthen the HSBC brand, support the drive for revenue and increase customer value and satisfaction in order to meet agreed targets and objectives at both a global and market level.
This role is responsible for working with the Senior Marketing Campaign Manager in the management and execution of the marketing communications strategies and activities, focusing on content development and client communications, to deliver against the objectives and ambitions of the Global Private Bank (GPB) Marketing Strategy and Plan. They also work with and guide marketing teams in market to ensure that the HSBC brand is promoted in a cohesive and consistent way and using the agreed campaign assets and supporting materials produced.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Drive, own and deliver content relevant campaigns, that stand-out in the marketplace, support business and brand objectives and deliver return on investment e.g. monthly client e-newsletter and senior management messaging to clients.
- Creative development process within agreed Marketing procedures, including agency relationships and processes to support creativity and consistency throughout the markets.
- Internal & external awareness of Global & UK Marketing activities through the provision of on-line and printed marketing collateral, with a particular focus on digital.
- Display an in depth understanding of data and its role in the assessment and development of strategic initiatives, campaigns, contact management, assessment of performance and ultimately return on investment.
- Act as an advocate for the Brand and Tone of Voice, clearly incorporate it’s attributes within all areas of responsibility and core deliverables.
- Monitoring and approval of all client facing letters / communications.
- Definition, development and deliver marketing propositions that respond to customer needs, deliver standout, differentiation and competitive advantage in the marketplace with relative stakeholders in line with business needs, with a focus on digital
- Continually track and monitor campaign performance utilising data and analytics to ensure digital journeys are fully optimized
- Relevant aspects of brand governance in terms of guidance, framework and templates and the processes that support their use.
Customers / Stakeholders:
- Work proactively with, influence and manage multiple, and sometimes competing, stakeholders and internal customers to deliver a first class level of service and contribute to wider business goals and objectives.
- The job holder is required to gain agreement, set and manage expectations and ensure support for campaign activity and budget they are responsible for.
- The job holder is required to keep abreast of customer needs via all opportunities whether face to face, online or via research findings.
- Ensuring all marketing collateral produced has the necessary product, compliance, legal and brand approvals.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Live the HSBC and Team values:
- Be positive, professional, enthusiastic, approachable and challenge to add value
- Take personal ownership and responsibility for problem identification, solution development and implementation
- Drive introduction and adaptation of HSBC Group best practices.
- Work as an integral member of the UK (and occasionally Europe) GPB Marketing team working with other team members to drive the implementation of campaigns and strategy globally
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Follow marketing financial process, procedures and manage campaigns within the Marketing budget allocated.
- Proactively engage appropriate Compliance, Legal and Business teams as necessary to ensure compliant and wide distribution of content.
- Responsible for proactively identifying risks and providing recommendations on mitigating actions in the event of the internal and external developments e.g. changes in business strategy, revised segmentation, competitor activity, emerging channel development, changes in legislation etc.
- The need for constant communication, open relationships with multiple teams, multiple stakeholders in multiple locations.
- Combining regular monthly deadlines with longer term strategic projects and ad hoc tactical ones.
- Ability to amplify messages and content within the existing digital channels.
- Managing stakeholder expectations on project timelines and expectations.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Extensive broad content experience (essential).
- Proven expertise in effective delivery of thought leadership through multi-channel (essential).
- Experience of using relevant software packages, i.e. Microsoft Office (essential).
- Strong spoken and written English language communication skills, with experience of adapting your style and approach to the audience and message to be delivered (essential).
- Experience working within a Financial Services based institution is desirable but not essential.
- Past working experience in a relevant role, i.e. digital campaign management, print, together with a focus on digital (essential).
- Proven ability to work on multi-function projects demonstrating excellent relationship building skills.
- Proven ability to be a self-starter with energy and drive in a challenging, dynamic fast paced environment.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of key trends and areas of innovation which influence the way we interact and engage with our external customers and our internal stakeholders and audience. These should include digital marketing, new technology, Marketing Automation, Customer Relationship Management, Agile working practices, data and analytical tools and how this helps us to be more customer centric.
- Understanding of customer insights and their role in communications development.
- Commitment to putting the customer at the heart of all development and implementation activities.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Team player, a flexible and adaptable approach to change and will support others to respond in a similar way.
- Able to build relationships and communicate clearly with senior management.
- German or French helpful but not essential.
The base location for this role is 78 St James’s Street, London.
At HSBC we look to enable our employees to better balance their work / life priorities and have the flexibility required to meet challenging needs as they progress through different life stages. Where possible we will consider the following flexible working options: part-time working, job sharing, term-time working, working from home and staggered hours. If in considering a role with HSBC you have a need for some flexibility in your working arrangements please discuss this with the recruitment team in the early stages of the application process.
Within HSBC certain roles are designated as Enhanced Vetting Roles. For these roles, all internal and external applicants are required (subject to local laws), to pass satisfactorily a series of additional checks both as part of the application process and, if successfully recruited into the Enhanced Vetting role, on an on-going basis. The Group reserves its position with regard to any steps which it may take in relation to any material adverse findings which arise either when the checks are first carried out as part of this recruitment exercise, and/or if relevant, on an on-going basis.
This role has been designated as a Enhanced Vetting Role.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.
Key search words: marketing, content, channels, digital, film, client communications