The Port of Cromarty Firth is a Trust Port which exists to improve, safeguard and develop the Cromarty Firth as a Port for the benefit of stakeholders and is a self-financing commercial business.
We are looking for a suitably qualified and enthusiastic Marketing & PR Manager to join our team. Reporting directly to the CEO, the successful candidate will work as a member of the management team to develop and deliver the PR and marketing strategy. The post-holder will be the focal point for all communication with stakeholders, customers and the media, as well as leading all marketing activities.
- To liaise and build relationships
- Externally (customers/suppliers)
- Maintaining relationships within all areas of PoCF’s business
- Delivering reports to the Board and Management Team
- To contribute to the strategic planning of an annual or long term marketing plan and to drive forward agreed company objectives
- To budget, manage and identify advertising opportunities that will target our core customer base
- To build and maintain contacts with the core stakeholder base
- To manage the production of marketing materials, including leaflets, brochures and adverts This can involve writing and proof-reading copy and liaising with designers and printers
- To arrange for the effective distribution of marketing materials through the right channels
- To maintain, build and update an electronic database/CRM
- To organise and attend events and exhibitions as and when required
- To carry out market research and customer surveys in order to assess demand, brand positioning and awareness
- To maintain marketing and business intelligence to assist in budgeting and Port development
- To maintain and update the Port’s website & social media channels as both a marketing and PR tool.
- To evaluate marketing campaigns
- To monitor competitor activities
- To liaise with local external groups in promoting the profile of PoCF
- To manage the PR function of PoCF
- To write and distribute press releases in conjunction with the Ports media agency
- Administration of the Community Sponsorship Fund
- Engaging with the local community e.g. school talks, joint projects and annual beach clean
- To monitor PoCF’s profile with stakeholders
- Other duties as required from time to time in order to meet the needs of the business
Desirable Experience & Attribute Requirements:
Degree qualified; relevant professional qualification (i.e. CIM); Proven experience in PR & marketing, including strategic development; Experienced event management; Experience in similar role; Excellent communication skills; Prioritise work tasks effectively; Attention to detail; Ability to problem solve, including complaint handling; Self-motivated and able to manage own workload; Up to date IT skills, including use of CRM systems; Experience working within a Port or similar industry; and Stakeholder engagement experience
Closing date for applications is 26th August with interviews taking place the week commencing 2nd September
If you are interested please contact for further details and an application form.
Application forms are also available on our company website.
This position is not available to agencies at this time