This independent boutique creative branding agency boasts an outstanding list of A list youth, broadcast and entertainment clients.
In a world filled with competing messages, the agency makes the difference through design across all platforms. Working collaboratively with clients, the team focus on brand recognition, brand reputation, audience engagement and commercial performance.
They work within a group of like-minded agencies to seamlessly deliver across different disciplines and engage audiences across multiple touchpoints.
Marketing and new business manager – the role
The team is now looking to hire a marketing and new business manager to manage the day-to-day execution of the agency’s marketing and business development plan. This is achieved through a blend of PR, marketing and sales activity designed to raise awareness of the agency brand, build credibility in their offer and generate new business leads and meetings for the senior team. The role reports into the marketing and business development director and there will be close collaboration between the two.
The work is of premium quality which makes this a very desirable role for a marketer and new business specialist. The marketing and business development director is open, switched on and collaborative; he has an excellent track record and will be a great mentor giving this person freedom to grow.
Marketing and new business manager – responsibilities
- Learning and developing an in-depth understanding of the agency’s portfolio and expertise and how this helps clients to achieve their marketing and communication goals
- Researching prospective clients in order to decide how best to approach/contact them
- Contacting prospective clients over LinkedIn, email and phone, tracking progress on CRM system
- Arranging new business meetings with interested, quality prospects
- Attending, with members of the senior team, new business meetings and creds presentations
- Following up and keeping in touch with prospects in order to convert meetings into paid projects
- Occasionally networking at agency and client attended events in order to generate awareness and generate leads
Business development (existing clients)
- Facilitating and tracking client relationships that already exist within the team
- Tailoring creds presentations to suit the interests and needs of different prospects
- Collating content for monthly newsletters from senior team members and sending out newsletters
- Working with internal teams and external suppliers such as designers, the office manager and digital marketing consultants to create marketing assets and run campaigns
PR and Social
- Working with the marketing and business development director and PR agency on creating and seeking out PR opportunities for the company
- Assisting the marketing and business development director in managing the PR agency, ensuring they have a regular supply of news, case studies and thought leadership content
- Maintaining all social media channels (with support from the office manager), making sure they’re regularly and effectively used to promote the company’s reputation
- Using social channels to research and network online with potential prospects and clients
- Assisting in the planning and co-ordinating of events
- Maintaining the list of relevant events for the wider agency team to attend
Marketing and new business manager – desirable experience and qualities
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong writing (gained from either qualifications or experience)
- Someone unafraid to call, email and potentially meet prospects, partners and suppliers
- 1-2 years or more experience in a similar role
- Good organising skills, capable of multi-tasking several ongoing activity streams
- Someone who’s tenacious, resilient and proactive in their approach to tasks
- Someone who’s good with people and building relationships
At Story, we find talent for the design, branding, marketing and advertising sectors. With 27 years’ combined experience, we have built long term relationships with some of the most innovative agencies in the creative industry.
We find roles for a whole host of agency people – managing directors, client services directors, strategic directors and senior planners, account managers, execs and junior planners, project managers, production specialists, creative services etc.
We focus on design and branding and integrated marketing, working with a large network of agencies, from larger, group owned consultancies to medium-sized independents and boutique agencies in the UK and internationally.
We believe that quality is often in the detail. We spend time listening to both clients and candidates - and often reading between the lines is what enables us to find the best matches. The philosophy is simple; to offer the best possible service and solutions to both candidates and clients and develop strong, long term relationships. Our straight-talking approach, along with our integrity and commitment in doing good work, make us trusted partners.