Are you a creative, proactive and ambitious marketing professional looking to make your next career move? Are you looking for an exciting and engaging marketing role? Would you like the opportunity to directly shape the future of a global membership organisation working within the fast-evolving scholarly communications and knowledge community?
UKSG, a professional interest membership group for the scholarly communications and knowledge community, is looking for a dynamic and creative marketing professional who can help grow the organisation’s membership, develop existing member engagement and volunteer involvement, and create and implement a strategic marketing plan for UKSG activities.
Specifically, we are looking for someone who can:
- Develop and articulate a clear value proposition: what do we do, for whom and why
- Work with a wider team from UKSG’s staff and committees to rationalise the delivery of UKSG’s content and ensure maximum value is derived from all UKSG activities
- Develop a strategic 3-year marketing plan to
- Utilise all possible channels to communicate the values, activities and outputs of UKSG, to the membership and beyond
- Increase awareness and uptake of UKSG outputs and activities,
- Nurture volunteer engagement with UKSG and develop a volunteer development programme
- Strengthen the value of UKSG membership by proposing potential new member benefits, activities and opportunities
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Ownership of all marketing channels and activities from strategic planning to execution
- Management of membership development, outreach and administration
- Development of volunteer network
- Supplier liaison
- Project management
- Line management
You will have 5 years’ experience working in a marketing role, ideally supporting a not-for-profit or membership based organisation. You will need to be comfortable working in a small organisation where some of your colleagues will be based remotely. You will have excellent communication, networking and time management skills and be experienced in managing and implementing marketing campaigns across all channels.
Exceptional candidates will understand the current developments and challenges in knowledge creation and scholarly communication and have experience in reputation and brand management, ideally in a not-for-profit environment.
The role is full time and office-based in Witney, Oxfordshire. For a full job description and application details click Apply Now below. Informal enquiries and applications to Sarah Bull, Executive Director: email@example.com. Closing date 23rd April. Interviews will be held on 15th of May.