Accountable for the project management of marketing events, working alongside the Marketing & Communications team to ensure successful delivery of objectives.
Working closely with the Head of Marketing & Communications, the role focuses on the development and delivery of a programme of events covering the entire TVCC region.
These events will be developed in conjunction with the Member Services, Commercial Development and International Trade Departments (internal customers). The role requires exceptional project management, organisational and interpersonal skills to ensure that events are delivered on time, to budget, to the right segments and are relevant to the Thames Valley audiences.
Through continuous customer relationship management, the Marketing and Events Executive will be expected to make a large contribution to retention of members, International Trade Services customers and effectiveness of strategic partner projects (Commercial Development). Contribution to the development, measurement and improvement of campaigns is another key part of the role. Above all, the Marketing and Events Executive will understand that success is dependent on the accomplishments of the team, meaning a collaborative approach is critical.
1. Project manage events/campaigns:
• Book venues, negotiate contracts and ensure timely payment is made in conjunction with Finance
• Complete all administration tasks associated with any event/campaign as per current process
• Advise on improving the above process
• Ensure a team is available to work on an event on the day ensuring all areas are covered
• Obtain feedback on each event/campaign from delegates (manage this to introduce an online process as quickly as possible). Analyse and share the feedback with the team and internal customers.
• Manage post event process: recording no-shows on NG, ensuring payments are completed, response rates. Ensure delegates are informed of future activities and events on the theme of the campaign
• Recommend how event assets can be shared e.g. presentation content, videos, testimonials, images
• Work with Head of Department to ensure events are break even at a minimum
2. Plan for future campaigns/events:
• Ensure event numbers are consistently strong with recommendations for improvement
• Coordinate the marketing activity with the team and a process for ensuring timely delivery
• Contribute to future event/campaign planning
• Take responsibility for understanding TVCC policy priorities to feed into campaigns
• Take an active part in recommending events/campaigns based on continuous experience and member feedback
3. To assist with the project management of the delivery of event campaigns in partnership with internal customers:
• Work with internal customers on matters to include location, venues, e-marketing requirements, themes, target audience, communication requirements (PR, social media, Business Voice, e-newsletters, online marketing)
• To provide support and cover team members when required
• Work with IT to ensure member data and event feedback remains up-to-date
• Provide regular updates to the Head of Department
4. Effective relationship management:
• Build a good relationship with internal and external customers
• Assist the Customer Services team at key times with office duties
1. To be a team player and to support colleagues in the achievement of team objectives
2. To portray a professional visual and verbal image at all times
3. To undertake training as required
4. To pro-actively develop knowledge of the Chamber and its product portfolio
5. To keep up to date and accurate records on a database
- Experience of marketing events (or co-ordination of)
- Full UK driving licence, with willingness to travel throughout the Thames Valley including occasional early starts and latefinishes (with time in lieu)
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and work effectively under pressure
- Excellent team player, with ability to multi-task & work independently under own initiative
- Proactive, can-do approach with excellent interpersonal skills
- Competent in Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet and databases
- Good, confident manner and well presented at all times
- Enthusiastic, motivated and a good communicator
- Flexible approach and able to cope in a busy environment
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Good understanding of every area of marketing & communications
- Two years relevant experience
- Ability to analyse activity and make recommendation for change or improvement
The closing date is February 28th.
To apply for this role, please click Apply Now below to send your CV and covering letter to the recruiter.