Delivering Customer Value
Are you working in events or marketing and looking for a new challenge with an ethical employer? Do you want to feel valued, that your work matters and you make a difference?
Join NOCN - a successful and progressive educational charity at the forefront of the FE and Skills market, currently expanding operations by winning a range of successful contracts and developing new revenue streams.
Reporting to the Marketing Manager, this B2B focused Marketing role will deliver customer value through events, webinars and campaigns and support wider corporate marketing, PR and communications activities. A good all-round marketing skill-set and flexible attitude will be helpful as you will be expected to get stuck in as required on a range of campaigns.
You will be working across Marketing, Customer Service and Account Management to ensure these customer-facing teams have the necessary marketing resources to deliver the services which customers need. Key to your success will be that existing customers feel more engaged, important and listened to, that they get a fair deal and their views and opinions are heard and acted upon. We want our customers to be our best advocates and you can make this happen.
Your primary tools will include a programme of in-house and external industry events of all sizes from ‘Sales Surgeries’ to national Conferences, an informative and useful programme of webinars, social media activity to engage customers and increase awareness and the corporate website where you will be responsible for showing how NOCN is the most friendly, flexible and responsive Awarding and Assessment Organisation in the market.
Key Skills and experience
- You must have previous marketing, communications or events management experience and be suitably qualified (e.g. CIM/CIPR) or be working towards.
- You will need to communicate clearly in person and in writing; your spelling and grammar needs to be good with a tone of voice appropriate for different audiences.
- A confident and outgoing personality would help when hosting events, along with a good sense of humour and the emotional intelligence to empathise with customers.
- The ideal candidate will be professionally presented for every occasion - whether it is a corporate conference, business breakfast or dress-down Friday.
- Your technical skills will include the usual Office IT systems as well as marketing systems including web CMS, social media, e-marketing and event management platforms. Data skills would be useful.
- NOCN is a Leader in Diversity so you need to be open and inclusive in your attitudes and behaviour with colleagues and customers.
- NOCN encourages and welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds.
- View the full job description here.
- For an informal chat, call James Harkness, Marketing Manager, on 0114 227 0500.
- The application deadline is 21st August 2017.
- To apply for the role, click Apply Now below to send your CV and covering letter through.