Robert Half Creative & Marketing are delighted to be working in partnership with Space Engineering Services for the recruitment of a Marketing & Communications Manager position. Space are a market leader in the delivery of nationwide refrigeration, mechanical and electrical services to a range of business customers. Established since 1988 by a group of engineers, they are committed to delivering the very best in both technical expertise and customer service. The company prides themselves as operating with an inclusive open-door working culture
Reporting to the Sales and Marketing Director, the Marketing & Communications Manager's key objective will be to manage all areas of internal and external marketing communications. To create and execute a marketing strategy that supports brand development and the achievement of sales, margin and client led growth.
A newly created role, this is an exciting opportunity for a strong marketing leader to take ownership of the marketing function of a £80 million t/o Bristol based business with the ambition and the will to make it a success.
The role is full time based on a 37.5-hour week and may involve some travel to other sites within the organisation and / or customer / prospect sites. There may be some evening working required with overnight stays (e.g. with regards to industry events/customer entertainment) for which full expenses will be reimbursed.
- To manage all areas of internal and external marketing, including integrated marketing communications, brand management and PR.
- To design and produce appropriate marketing collateral and work with media partners from time to time.
- To support the growth of new business across all service lines through cross selling and new client initiatives.
- To combine all appropriate communication channels to achieve maximum benefit for minimal cost, both externally and internally.
- To ensure a planned, integrated and consistent approach to all marketing, advertising and sponsorship activities.
- To take responsibility for the overall marketing budget delivering consistency of approach and alignment with company objectives.
- To ensure that all internal and external marketing spend is recorded and reviewed where appropriate, from an ROI perspective.
- Keep the company website and extranet updated and relevant
- Management and sourcing of appropriate merchandise.
- Supporting all other departments as required, e.g. engineers task books, customer research and KTP
The successful Marketing & Communications Manager will ideally have;
Qualifications / Career Experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Multidisciplinary marketing experience.
- Project management from inception through to completion and measurement.
- CIM qualified.
- Agency management experience.
- Experience of working in an engineering-related industry.
Skills & Knowledge
- Confident in all areas of the marketing mix, with considerable experience of both planning and implementation.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to manage complex activities simultaneously and work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to write clear, precise agency briefs.
- Budget management.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook.
- Good influencing and negotiation skills.
- Ability to analyse data, interpret and identify patterns and trends.
- Previous experience of web content management tools / web design.
- PR skills and experience. Copywriting skills and experience.
Essential Personal Qualities
- Ability to work independently.
- Passionate about marketing.
- Ability to quickly gain credibility and build rapport.
- Ability to build effective working relationships, both internally and externally.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to problem solve creatively
Space Engineering Services was established in 1988 by a group of engineers committed to delivering the very best in both technical expertise and customer service. Since then it has grown from a relatively small refrigeration business, to one that today includes a full range of M&E services alongside refrigeration and air conditioning. Their commitment, however, remains the same.
Based in central Bristol, Space Engineering have an annual turnover in excess of £80m making them one of the largest players in the Industry. With a network of regional offices throughout the UK, Space Engineering Services is well established and respected in the industry. They work with several major blue-chip clients which include Tesco, Sainsbury's, Marks and Spencer, Amazon, Yeo Valley, Tulip Foods and The Samworth Brothers Group.
Salary & Benefits
The successful Marketing & Communications manager can expect to receive a basic salary of £35,000-£40,000 + car or allowance (c£5,000) + Contributory pension of up to 4.5% + Private health cover + Group income protection + Laptop + mobile phone.
All 3rd party applications will be forwarded to Robert Half as part of the exclusivity agreement
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice