We want to help everyone to love the special places we care for, and help tell great stories in the most creative and engaging ways. You’ll bring the freshest, most innovative thinking in your field to this role, helping us achieve this aim. Varied and ever-interesting, this is an exciting opportunity to enable real impact in a place where your ideas will be valued.
What it's like to work here
There’s never been a more exciting time to work in Marketing & Communications at the National Trust. Our creative output is bigger and braver than ever, and our marketing campaigns are standing up and winning high profile, national awards. But this hasn’t made us complacent – only more ambitious. We believe the best is yet to come and we’re more innovative in our approach than ever before. We’re staying closely connected and deepening relationships with our supporters while working hard to connect to people who haven’t discovered us yet. Here, you’ll have the support you need to make a big difference at the National Trust.
Based at the East of England Westley regional office near Bury St Edmunds, you'll also be required to spend time with teams at our places so you'll be happy to travel and have your own transport.
What you'll be doing
Your valued role as a Marketing & Communications Consultant will drive innovation and ensure that our East of England marketing campaigns are impactful, integrated and engaging our target audiences. You’ll be part of our in-house consultancy service and an internal expert on all aspects of marketing. While you’ll be working in the East of England, collaboration with other regions and national colleagues is key to how you get things done brilliantly. This is marketing with a shared purpose and passion.
Drawing upon research and analysis, you’ll identify marketing needs and opportunities to create compelling plans. You’ll have a passion for working collaboratively, engaging communities and stakeholders, to co-create the future and grow support through all we do. Your experience of public relations and stakeholder management will develop our thinking in how we position our work and work in partnership. You’ll integrate multi-channel marketing to ensure our messages and approaches are consistent. You’ll champion, commission and personally create content that makes people enthusiastic about our work and purpose. Collaboration will be at the heart of your role and people across the organisation will look to you for expertise and guidance.
You’ll advise on everything from printed collateral and media relations to the digital arena. You’ll help your clients to understand what’s worked well and what hasn’t, pinpointing new opportunities and manage campaigns across a variety of media channels. You’ll also have the opportunity to contribute to regional campaigns, using and communicating the wonderful National Trust brand to full effect, to raise awareness of our conservation cause. You’ll be making a difference at a very local level and across the East of England.
That’s an exciting challenge, and it’s where your ideas and creativity will make a real difference. You’ll do all this and more whilst ensuring that we continue to place our properties and visitors at the heart of everything we do.
Who we're looking for
First and foremost, you’re an experienced marketing professional with an impressive track record of marketing planning, brand management and delivering innovative cross-channel campaigns.
In order to stand out as a candidate for this role you’ll need to demonstrate where you have:
- Up-to-the-second marketing knowledge up-to-the-second
- A strong set of writing and editing skills
- Experience of having produced a wide range of content for varied channels
- A proven track record of building collaborative partnerships to engage effectively and share learning through evaluation
- First-class communication skills, and be comfortable advising and influencing people at all levels
- Infectious passion that you use to build strong working relationships and get other people on board with new ideas and approaches
- An already developed love of our brand, with a strong understanding of our ethos at the heart of what we do
Looking after you
- Health cash plan – from as little as £2.81 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to Us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our retail and catering outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking
Marketing & Communications Consultant
|Job Title:||Marketing & Communications Consultant|
|Location:||Bury St Edmunds|
|Job Published:||September 07, 2017 08:58|
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Marketing Communications Manager
£33842 - £35833 per annum
Marketing & Communications Manager
Up to £35000 per annum
Digital Marketing and Communications Manager
44370 plus benefits
Senior Corporate Communications Executive
£30000 - £36669 per annum
Head of Strategic Communications
London (Central), London (Greater)
c. £45,000 per annum (dependent on experience)