Marketing & Campaigns Officer
Closing date: 30/11/2017
Interview date: 12/12/2017
Post type: Full-time, Permanent
The University of Reading is looking for a talented and ambitious campaign and media officer. This is a place where you can make an impact and work with a talented communications team.
Come and join us.
You might be looking to progress your career or further your experience. Almost certainly, you will find a role here that meets your ambition and fires your imagination.
You will have opportunity to work alongside staff who are looking to break new ground in brand and recruitment campaigns in the Higher Education sector.
It is the role of the Marketing to provide expert, professional marketing strategy and advice. We work in a matrix management model to build the University’s reputation, brand and profile, and deliver robust, innovative and global campaigns to support recruitment, fundraising and engagement.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a talented and ambitious Marketing & Campaigns Officer to design, develop, implement and review the University’s annual student recruitment and awareness campaigns. You will play a key role in the recruitment of undergraduate and postgraduate students, supporting the Head of Marketing and Campaigns.
It will suit an energetic and ambitious marketing practitioner, with a relevant qualification or experience, who is looking to develop their campaign and media experience. Previous experience of working in the HE sector is desirable but not essential.
- Be responsible for developing and implementing a coherent campaign strategy that results in clear and tangible indicators of successful performance alongside the Head of Marketing and Campaigns.
- Plan, coordinate all aspects of marketing, publicity and event activities in support of the central undergraduate and postgraduate taught campaigns, liaising with relevant colleagues including the Head of the Student Office.
- Manage the Campaign budget in liaison with the support from the Admin Hub team.
- Develop the internal and external facing profile of the University (including production of campaign assets and digital content). Working with the Marketing Business Partner and colleagues to maximise brand awareness across schools as well as at an institutional level.
- Take responsibility and ownership for the continuous review and updating of the campaign landing pages - establishing a timeline, liaising with colleagues and developing new content as appropriate.
- Develop content, and maintain all campaign content across Facebook and Twitter accounts, and explore new areas of social media platforms.
- Monitor the effectiveness of all media activities/campaigns, providing analysis, evaluation reports and recommendations to inform future developments.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key agencies, ensuring briefs and objectives are met and delivered.
- Work with key stakeholders across MCE and the University to identify and define key target markets both in the UK/EU and internationally.
- In conjunction with the Head of Marketing and Campaigns and the Business Partners to increase the international profile of individual School activities and to market School events generally (e.g. public lectures, workshops etc.) to build brand awareness.
Informal contact details
Contact role: Head of Marketing & Campaigns
Contact name: Karen Smalley
Contact phone: 0118 378 8005
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please apply via: https://jobs.reading.ac.uk/vacancies.aspx