Marketing & Business Development Manager - Maternity Cover
Role duration: Initial one year contract for up to one year providing maternity cover.
Location: Steps’ Head Office, London (with occasional work at additional offsite locations as reasonably required).
Steps is a global leader in the design and delivery of experiential, drama-based learning initiatives for clients in the private and public sectors. We are currently looking to recruit a Marketing & Business Development Manager (maternity cover) to be part of our dynamic and creative UK team.
You'll work with a variety of stakeholders including clients, associates, press, business partners and networks - alongside Steps’ core team. You will develop and implement creative marketing and business development campaign activities aimed at promoting Steps exciting and unique business propositions. In doing so you will play a vital role in ensuring Steps achieves its vision and that the business continues to be a front-runner in attracting and retaining an enviable client list of leading global brands.
You will ideally be CIM qualified (or hold a marketing degree or similar). You’ll be an excellent communicator, adept and building successful relationships and able to offer support and challenge in equal measure. You will have a passion for new thinking and the sharing of ideas, as well as being capable of managing project teams and working collaboratively. You should also have relevant and transferable marketing management experience.
As Marketing & Business Development Manager, you will report to the Marketing & Business Development Director (Part time, Board Level) and will have support from, and task-management responsibility for, the Marketing Co-ordinator (Part time).
Key tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Formulating, developing and implementing an annual marketing & business development plan, supporting Steps’ vision and organisational goals.
- Leading on all marketing & business development activities within Steps, promoting and supporting successful and productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Innovating and improving Steps’ marketing & business development activities.
- Assuming management responsibility for the continuing Steps brand review and a website redesign project (scheduled for 2017/18).
- Managing Steps’ programme of internal and external events.
- Understanding the L&D marketplace – taking into account our competitors and our unique selling points/differentiators in order to support market/product development.
- Ensuring a successful PR output, including working collaboratively with internal staff to identify potential news stories/case studies and sharing these through appropriate channels.
- Assuming management responsibility for Steps’ online presence, taking a lead role in the website redesign project planned for 2017/18 and supporting related online activities such as SEO and management of Steps’ social media channels.
- Monitoring the success of Steps’ marketing and business development activities, as well as the client quality assurance process.
- Seeking fresh opportunities to develop new business, supporting Account Directors to generate leads and connecting them with strategic partners, contacts and networks.
- Managing the tender process, in collaboration with the Finance & Operations Director.
Steps is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications for this role from candidates who may wish to consider a flexible working arrangement (reduced hours, minimum 3 days a week), as well as those keen to work full time. The appointed candidate will have developmental opportunities within Steps, as well as benefiting from:
- Opportunity to apply for flexible working.
- 20 days paid holiday per annum, increasing by one day a year, to a maximum of 25 days (pro rata according to working arrangements).
Salary: c. £30-35k per annum (pro rata) depending on experience.
For over 25 years Steps has been at the forefront of the development of experiential, drama-based learning, with offices now in both London and Mumbai, and teams of associates across the world. We love what we do, care passionately about how we do it - and at the heart of our business are our people. If you would like to join our team as Marketing & Business Development Manager, please send your CV and a cover letter, outlining why you are the right person for the role, to Frances Odling-Smee: email@example.com
Closing date: 5pm, 15th March 2017
For more information on Steps and our work please visit www.stepsdrama.com.