Marketing and Admissions Assistant
37.5 hrs p/w, throughout the year, occasional PM and Saturday AM requirements. c£22,000pa
The Marketing and Admissions office is an interesting and fast-paced working environment, you will be expected to support the Marketing and Admissions department and assist the Marketing Manager in all aspects of marketing the school. This role provides plenty of opportunity and scope to display initiative and express your creativity.
- The design and production of a wide range of printed marketing materials.
- The updating the school website.
- Representing the school, as part of a team, at external marketing events.
- Maintaining the school’s photographic library, in conjunction with the poster board and plasma screen marketing displays around the school.
- Photography of school events and activities.
- Maintain the Old Girls’ Association database and assist with communications.
- Handle day to day admissions enquiries to the Junior and Senior School.
- Help maintain the admissions database for all enquiries.
- Assist with mailshots to prospective parents and feeder schools.
- Respond to prospectus requests efficiently.
- Tour individual visitors through the school as required.
- Assist with all key onsite admissions events.
- Represent the school as an ambassador at a range of events.
Qualifications & Professional Requirements:
- Min 2:1 Honours Degree in Marketing or related subject.
- Min GCSE A-B (or equivalent) in English and Mathematics.
- Experience in a busy, varied, team based role with strong administration, organisation, flexibility, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communications, whether by phone, email, face-to-face, or to an audience
- Confident IT skills, including all Microsoft Office packages.
Due to the nature of the role we are looking to welcome a proactive and ambitious individual whose personal levels of discretion, tactfulness, confidentiality, presentation, confidence, professionalism, flexibility and energy will be an asset to the Department. Our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people is of paramount importance, and we expect all candidates to possess a personal warmth to gain the confidence and trust of pupils, parents and staff.
Closing Date: Wednesday 4th October at 9:00am.
Applicants will need to complete an application form which can be found on our website along with an application information pack via the 'Apply' button.
For further information please contact the HR department on 01483 543862 or e-mail Human.Resources@guildfordhigh.co.uk
Guildford High School offers a competitive salary, a popular benefits and rewards programme, 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, enrolment into a contributory pension scheme and free staff lunch during term time.
GHS is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all who work at the School to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be subject to child protection screening appropriate to the post including an enhanced disclosure through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and checks with previous employers.