We’re looking for an outstanding global marketer to work with one of the world’s powerful brands – London - to create brilliant marketing that achieves real social purpose.
We create jobs for Londoners by convincing people around the world to choose London to visit, study, work, invest and do business. London & Partners is the Mayor of London’s official promotional agency. We are a not-for-profit company combining commercial rigour with a strong social purpose.
As Managing Director, Marketing you will lead all of London & Partners’ global marketing across business and consumer audiences, with a focus on US, China, India, France and Germany. You will lead an integrated marketing team across paid, owned, earned and partner channels, online and offline. You will create powerful partnerships with global brands and influencers to promote London.
London is home to some of the world’s best creatives, tech and brands. You’ll be creating campaigns that Londoners can be proud of. (No pressure).
Reporting to the CEO, you will be a member of the Management Committee of London & Partners, which is responsible for the overall direction, performance and culture of the organisation.
London & Partners is the official promotional agency for the Mayor of London. We promote London targeting audiences such as; leisure and business tourists, the travel trade, event organisers, overseas businesses and investors, and prospective higher education students. Our aims are to build London’s international reputation and to attract investment and visitor spend, which create jobs and growth.
It is our privilege to promote London around the world, working in partnership with the Greater London Authority (GLA), and our 1,000-plus private sector partners, including top hotels, venues and conference centres around the city.
Our marketing and promotional activities are designed to encourage visits, investments and spend in London now, as well as building London’s reputation to support its long-term success. Our mission is to tell London's story brilliantly.
- Experience of leading a significant integrated marketing team including paid, owned, earned and partner channels; content production; digital and social media.
- Experience of leading effective multi-market, multi-lingual campaigns tailored to local audiences, ideally in US, China, India, France and Germany.
- A track record of leading teams to create outstanding marketing campaigns, recognized for effectiveness and/or creativity in their field.
- A track record of brokering multi-million pound commercial deals, partnerships or sponsorships with global brands.
- An outstanding network of relationships with C-suite at global brands, publishers and agencies.
- Strong understanding of relevant policy issues, and a proven ability to operate successfully within a public-sector environment.
- Experience in both B2B and B2C marketing, including experience in some of the following fields: destination marketing, higher education, recruitment, travel and tourism, inward investment, entrepreneurship/business growth.
- Experience leading large teams, including remote teams. Evidence of developing high performing teams focused on achieving results.
- Experience overseeing digital product development and implementation, marketing technology selection and implementation.
- Evidence of leading teams to embed data and insight at the heart of marketing decision making.
- Evidence of creating a culture of continuous innovation. Track record of evolving marketing strategy to respond to digital disruption.
- Flexible working environment including remote working and the opportunity to work in our HQ with great views over Tower Bridge
- To join a Sunday Times Top 100 not-for-profit company and a fast paced, flexible and upbeat environment
- To become part of the London Family and do great things for our wonderful City
- 30 days’ holiday in addition to UK public holidays