Due to internal growth and promotion, we are looking for a generalist marketer to join our team in Europe. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to be part of a growing, global firm who thrives on working in an entrepreneurial environment and wants to make an impact to the business. This role reports directly to President, Europe and addtionally to the firmwide Director of Marketing in Boston, and is based in our London office.
The Manager, Marketing executes and assists in the development of a wide range of integrated marketing communication programs to enhance the Gordon Brothers brand within the marketplace across Europe. Marketing activities include management of the website, development of client presentations, proposals, case studies, preparation of press releases, and conference and event planning. The Manager, Marketing will also serve as the point of contact with external marketing partners by providing direction and quality control. Working together with the global and U.S.-based marketing teams, the Manager, Marketing will ensure all European marketing initiatives are consistent with the brand and direction of Gordon Brothers globally.
- Responsible for the planning, development and implementation of all marketing programs for Europe.
- Design, write and maintain marketing materials and communication across print and digital, including:
- Updating websites across multiple language versions using content management system.
- Develop and coordinate weekly social media posts and email marketing campaigns and recommend improvements to implement best practices and increase value to audience.
- Develop advertising plan in key industry publications and coordinate ad placement.
- Create and maintain brochures, case studies, business development presentations, internal presentations and other collateral as needed.
- Execute public relations initiatives including writing press releases and press submission.
- Manage industry conference and sponsorship program, providing recommendations for industry events and coordinate sponsorships and speaking engagements across Europe.
- Plan and execute Gordon Brothers client and internal events.
- Build and maintain relationships with professional and trade associations.
- Help coordinate and manage market research tools for business development.
- Maintenance of contact management system and distribution lists for email blasts.
- Responsible for budget planning and tracking, invoice processing, meeting planning, status report updates and evaluating Return on Investment.
- Develop and execute deal marketing projects, including print and online advertising, email, social media and website updates for online auctions and private treaty sales.
- Build and maintain marketing supplier relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or Chartered Institute of Marketing diploma.
- Seven or more years of business to business (B2B) marketing/communications experience, preferably within a financial/professional services sector.
- Well rounded marketing skills and good business acumen.
- Proactive, highly organized, dynamic and resourceful.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, able to work with people from all levels, and solicit support from colleagues.
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
- Ability to act as a brand ambassador.
- Results-oriented with attention to details in the execution of marketing activities.
- Strong technical proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite (e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, and Word), experience in utilizing multi-media design tools and leveraging the latest social media and communication platforms.
- European language skills a plus, but not a necessity.
Gordon Brothers offers a competitive total compensation package including base salary and incentive plan, benefits allowance and more.
Please note you must have the right to work in the UK for your application to be considered.