MANAGER, LONDON - INVESTMENT BANKING MARKETING FOR EUROPE
William Blair is a premier global boutique with expertise in investment banking, investment management, and private wealth management. We are committed to building enduring relationships with our clients and providing expertise and solutions to meet their evolving needs. An independent and employee-owned firm, William Blair is headquartered in Chicago and, together with its strategic partners, operates in more than 20 offices worldwide
JOB SUMMARY & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Investment Banking Marketing Manager’s primary responsibility will be to help execute the strategic marketing and communications plan to support and elevate William Blair Investment Banking in Europe as the premier, global investment banking boutique. There are 80+ investment banking team members in Europe with offices in London and Frankfurt. This role will report into the Head of Brand, Marketing and Communications for William Blair based in Chicago and will be responsible for building and executing marketing plans to support our expansion in the region.
- Collaboration with the marketing team’s various functions to ensure we are delivering the entire suite of services to the European investment banking team including: events, digital, social media, design and PR.
- Partnership with Investment Banking team in Europe to develop and execute marketing strategies to help drive revenue, identify new business opportunities and support client retention by industry, region, channel and product.
- Engage with key stakeholders and IB European teams on day-to-day marketing and communication activities, such as client communications, awards, talking points, event messaging, among others.
- Strategic input on and responsible for drafting and executing marketing campaigns, communications, thought leadership, presentations and marketing materials.
- Define, build and analyze metrics to measure campaign performance, communicate results and identify areas for improvement.
- Build relationships throughout the firm and work cooperatively with others to accomplish objectives; understand corporate culture to respond to communication needs.
- Have familiarity with GDPR and when to engage compliance to ensure all communications meet industry and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure all activities are tracked in project management system.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree in business, communications, public relations or a related field preferred.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of marketing experience in the financial services industry required.
- Global work experience.
- Experience managing and overseeing events.
- Experience managing PR campaigns and firms.
- Multiple languages a plus.
- Strong knowledge of/experience in the investment banking, private equity industry is highly preferred.
- Comfortable interfacing directly with key stakeholders and investment banking leaders to execute the strategic marketing plan.
- Ability to think strategically while also able to “roll up your sleeves” and do the hands-on work necessary to meet deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills with an ability to contribute to strategic decision making.
- Highly organized, positive attitude self-starter who is a strong team player.
- Investment Banking and Asset Management experience a plus.
- Ability to work well under pressure and under multiple deadlines. Extremely detail oriented with strong project management skills.
- Proficiency in Salesforce.
William Blair is an equal opportunity employer. It complies with all laws and regulations that prohibit discrimination in employment practice because of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, marital status, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, unfavorable discharge from the military service or on the basis of a physical or mental disability that is unrelated to the employee's ability to perform the duties of the job applied for.