Responsible for working with the Development team to write well designed, efficient code by
using best software development practices.
Main duties of the post:
- Interpret business requirements and technical specification documents, deliver an
appropriate technical solution to agreed quality and timelines
- Perform coding to agreed coding standards
- Provide progress reports on tasks and projects
- Ensure Github repositories are maintained for allocated tasks.
- Proactively suggest improvements in customer programmes of work to Programme Lead.
Knowledge and Experience required
- At least 2 years of development experience working in a development team within a commercial environment.
- Highly motivated with demonstrable technical and analytical skills.
- Attention to detail, commitment and desire to complete a consistently high standard of
- Able to clearly communicate design and development decisions with limited assistance.
- Knowledge of best practice and architecture for complex web applications.
- Knowledge of and able to avoid common security issues in web applications.
- Strong communication skills.
- Computer Science based qualification.
- Magento Certified Developer
- Software development experience on an eCommerce platform.
Technical Skills required:
- Commercial experience with PHP-based frameworks
- Ability to produce clean, well-documented, efficient, and standards-compliant code.
- Experience of working with the following technologies:
Git/other version control (including feature branching, deploying, merging).
Please apply now for full details and immediate consideration.