Leveraged Finance Reporter
Are you a talented finance graduate with extensive internship experience within journalism or editing?
This company are a leading financial market reporting agency who seek a high-calibre graduate to join its Central London based editorial team. The candidate will sit alongside and support their market-leading research and editorial team.
You will be contributing to their service, providing insight, analysis and data to senior decision-makers at hedge funds, banks, consultancies, multinational corporations, investment funds and government agencies.
The role involves breaking news on the leveraged finance markets, producing analysis throughout new-issue stages, and covering situations in the secondary market. Coverage will include highlighting potential financing transactions and deal announcements, plus detailed, accurate analysis on transactions as they progress through syndication and pricing, and continued reports on these post issuance via coverage of the secondary market.
A successful candidate should have an analytical mind and a high level of attention to detail, and a track record in investigative reporting. Experience covering distressed debt / leveraged finance / asset-backed markets is preferred.
Role and Responsibilities
- Produce factual, accurate and engaging first-to-market stories on the leveraged finance market
- Use investigative skills to source breaking stories on primary issuance and secondary market activity
- Identify key market trends and write analysis pieces relevant to the market
- Be motivated to take ownership of specific coverage areas within the editorial team
- Provide editorial support to other members of the team
- Be a team player - work towards group objectives, across functions and assist in the training and coaching of new joiners
- Proven experience in a financial news reporting role
- A keen interest in breaking financial news
- Outstanding networking and source development skills
- Strong English-language writing skills. Knowledge of a second European language would be a plus
- The ability to be punctual, organised and professional in all aspects of the job
- The flexibility to carry out additional tasks as and when requested
If you are ready to secure a fantastic role within a fast paced financial reporting team then be sure to apply today!