The Lead Conceptual Designer will be taking design projects from brief to completion, providing new ideas and creativity whilst working closely with the client’s brand guidelines. They will be producing design to the client’s brief and exacting standards whilst positively influencing clients with their creative input in addition to undertaking and pitching new creative concepts to win new business and generate income.
They will take the lead on the development of visual design strategy and the development of visual design creative projects, ensuring consistency with the overall brand and bid strategy, and ensure the clients marketing strategies represent best-in-class execution. This will be done through evaluating and monitoring industry trends and brands, research industry developments in branding and marketing.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Responsibility for the full design lifecycle from concept to execution
- Working closely with clients during kick-off to create strong concepts from the initial briefing
- Producing beautiful and innovative designs for our clients websites and digital applications
- Leading on branding projects that include marketing and events collateral and other content-based products
- Develop a deep understanding of target audiences and the clients bid strategy to deliver high quality results that have an instant, positive impact on the target, promoting the product or brand.
- To pitch creative solutions in response to marketing strategies / new business briefs.
- To maximise profit and income growth through the proactive development and growth of new services, including design, marketing, production, technology services and business opportunities
- Providing leadership and direction to the design team
- To oversee and manage the preparation of all finished artwork files that will comply with the correct output specifications.
Role-specific skills, knowledge and experience
- Creative flair
- Strong Art Direction and concepting skills
- A highly creative designer with the ability to take and positively influence client briefs with your own innovative ideas.
- Confident in bringing your own ideas and creativity to projects whilst working within a broad range of design guidelines across a variety of collateral.
- Strong client liaison, with a proven track record of developing strong client relationships and a consistent record of taking, interpreting and delivering design projects within agreed timeframes
- Effectively organising and prioritiing workloads to manage client delivery whilst simultaneously influencing clients with their own ideas and conceptual creativity
- Excellent Adobe CS skills (InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Ability to take ownership of projects from concept through to completion
- Ability to take, interpret and deliver design projects within agreed deadlines
- Attention to detail with the ability to work under own initiative
- Excellent understanding of the printing process and the accurate presentation of final artwork for production.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Excellent experience working closely with clients during kick-off
- Demonstrates a basic to medium knowledge of social media platforms: Facebook, Linked In, You Tube and Twitter.
- The aptitude to learn new software and programmes efficiently and effectively.
- A strong understanding of design principles and an awareness of UX, UI and Responsive Design trends