Location: Atlanta, GA
Closing date: 18 Mar 2018
The JV (Joint Venture) Marketing Communications Manager is responsible for creating data-driven marketing strategies, planning and executing integrated marketing campaigns and optimizing processes between marketing teams at both JV Brands (Virgin Atlantic and Delta). In partnership with local in market marketing managers, they will prepare annual and quarterly plans to include paid/earned media, social, PR, sponsorships and activations – in the US and UK - in support of brand and business objectives for the Joint Venture.
The key responsibilities for the role are as follows;
- JV Marketing Strategy & Campaign: Develop and implement annual marketing strategy to drive JV activity plan and budget in both the UK and US markets in consultation with Delta and Virgin Atlantic management and regional marketing teams. Source new and innovative marketing and branding opportunities that are cost effective for respective markets.
- Integrated Campaigns: Maintain and leverage relationships with Virgin Atlantic and Delta marketing teams to ensure constant alignment and full synergies are achieved in leveraging partnerships, channels and media across regional plans. Partner with digital/ecommerce teams from Delta and Virgin Atlantic to ensure all content on digital properties is accurate, optimized and effectively communicates the JV benefits.
- Management & Budgets: Manage the day to day relationship with agencies on appropriate campaigns ensuring that costs are controlled and projects are delivered on time and on brief. Use internal and external analytic tools to identify trends, segments and opportunities and then develop appropriate strategies.
- Reporting & Analysis: Work with Delta and Virgin Atlantic teams to maintain a joint approach to segmentation and brand health measurement, as well as the return on investment for all marketing and promotional activity.
- Brand Design: Provide advice and support to both DL & VS teams on the use of JV imagery, logo usage, signage, photography, copy lines. Ensure that our agreed brand hierarchy principles are relevant and regulated.
The ideal candidate will have bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or similar field, along with 5 years previous work experience with leading brands. Proven track record of delivering revenue and increasing brand awareness Experience in managing integrated consumer brand campaigns and the importance of integrating paid, owned and earned activity to maximum effect. Experience of delivering highly effective, results driven digital campaigns. Highly organized with ability to combine strategic direction with hands-on, tactical execution of programs. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, with strong attention to detail, schedules and budgets. Ability to build consensus and work in partnership with diverse teams in the UK and US. Diplomacy, tact and political awareness are key skills that need to be demonstrated. Results oriented, with clear definition in developing and managing to metrics and the practical foresight to leverage marketing opportunities to drive the business. Superior communications, presentation, negotiation, and follow-through skills. Previous experience in marketing role in the aviation sector or travel and tourism industry desirable but not mandatory. Must be able to travel by car, train, and/or airplane, domestically and internationally, on short notice, and be able to work extended hours as necessary.
Our pioneering spirit and passion keeps our brand vibrantly alive. That's why we give our people the rewards that they deserve. We have a whole host of benefits in place to help you enjoy life to the full, as well as a world of travel opportunities including up to seven flights a year to a wide range of fabulous Virgin Atlantic global destinations. Beyond a whole world of travel opportunities, we also offer a competitive benefits package including pension and private medical schemes, life assurance, child care vouchers and excellent discounts across the Virgin Group of companies.
To all recruitment agencies: Virgin Atlantic does not accept unsolicited agency CVs. Please do not send unsolicited CVs to our job openings or to Virgin Atlantic employees. Virgin Atlantic is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.