This is a really varied and interesting role where you will be responsible for developing your own communication campaigns for a range of projects to engage staff across two local councils.
Joint Internal Communications Officer - 6 Month Contract, until December 2018 - £24,000 - West London
Our client is a leading public sector strategy and communications consultancy whose clients include central and local government as well as the third and private sectors.
In the role of Internal Communications Officer you will be working across two council offices supporting the communications teams on a range of campaigns and projects.
Reporting into the Head of Communications for each council, you will be expected to translate their strategic plan into campaigns that will engage different departments, all with their own priorities and challenges, through a range of integrated materials. These campaigns will highlight council achievements, service updates, development programmes, political change to name a few.
The campaigns you will develop will range from regular enewsletters, events and conferences, digital broadcasts with live Q&A sessions, content development as well as providing internal communications advice to senior colleagues.
You will be encouraged to introduce any new techniques and ways of working through gathering information on good practice from other organisations and learning opportunities and making recommendations for improvements.
You will be able to determine how best to spend your time across both councils depending on the projects you are working on.
You will be part of a vibrant and collaborative team.
To be considered for the role of Internal Communications Officer, you will need to be available to start work immediately and must have:
- experience of delivering integrated communications - events, digital, printed collateral etc
- the ability to write content for a range of different channels from intranets and email newsletters to reports
- have experience of developing email newsletters end to end from writing content through to broadcast and ideally have used Mailchimp
- a good understanding of photography, creating video content, and editing
- an insight into how to develop messages to varied audience groups and how to engage them using different channels
- an interest in local government and the services and support they offer the local community (this can include education, mental health, domestic violence, housing, recycling)
By nature you will be someone who is naturally well organised, confident in developing rapport and good working relationships with stakeholders, be comfortable setting your own priorities and someone who is a real self starter. You should also be comfortable with being able to think for yourself and find your own solutions. And finally you need to be a team player.
If this sounds like you, then please apply!
Joint Internal Communications Officer - 6 Month Contract, until December 2018 - £24,000 - West LondonIf this role isn't what you're looking for don't worry. At Stopgap we cover all permanent and freelance marketing positions, with specialist industry sector teams. You can check out all of our roles on our website and sign up for job alerts so you're the first to know about a new opportunity . Marketing Recruitment - The Stopgap Way.