Are you a Pricing Analyst with 1-2 years experience with ambition to move into a Senior International Pricing Analyst role?
My client has always considered their Pricing department to be a fundamental cornerstone of the successful growth of the business. The International Pricing department provides strategic advice and support to Pricing and Analytics departments to accelerate the profitable growth of my clients international operations.
My client is looking for an ambitious and creative individual with 1- 2 years pricing experience to join an International Pricing team based in Cardiff.
You should have a keen interest in finding insight in data, take ownership for driving forward change and have a passion for sharing your knowledge and experience with colleagues, both at a peer level and ideally also in mentoring/coaching role (although no formal management experience is required).
The International Pricing department is comprised of ~20 people, who work with different areas of the UK and international businesses. The team is based in Cardiff, but analysts sometimes travel to overseas operations (in Spain, Italy, France or the USA).
- Analysing pricing structures and past performance to improve risk management
- Communicating results and ideas to key decision-makers across geographies, including Heads of Departments and regional CEOs
- Collaborating with peers in pricing and with stakeholders from all relevant areas of the business in the UK and internationally
- Coaching/mentoring team members
Qualifications and skills, we are looking for
- 1- 2+ years of experience in a pricing role (ideally in a general insurance pricing role)
- Qualified to degree level with a 2:1 or above (or equivalent) in a highly mathematical subject
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills supported by a solid academic and work background
- Proactive and creative approach to taking initiative and getting things done
- The ability to combine analytical thinking based on numbers with common sense and imagination
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience of working with programming packages like SAS and SQL is desirable but not essential
- Willingness to learn from the bottom up and put in the time to acquire the necessary technical skills
- Team player with proven ability to collaborate and build relationships
- French, Italian or Spanish language skills desirable but not essential
- Personality and a sense of humour (work should be fun!)
What you get in return
- £30K basic salary
- Flexible hours
- Times best company to work for UK
- Excellent discounts
- Flexible benefits scheme