A great opportunity for an Interim PR and Press Manager to join a well known Education provider.
This role will be an initial contract of 2 - 3 months with potential to develop into a permanent role.
- To generate media coverage to support the University's vision, strategic place, key messages and strengths.
- To generate lively written and visual content, relevant to external audiences.
- Identify opportunities for coverage, pitch stories, research and write press releases; to monitor and measure press coverage and maintain accurate record of press mentions.
- To be the main point of contact for media enquiries and give professional advice to senior staff and internal colleagues, ensuring they present the University effectively in their dealings with the media. The post-holder will hold media briefings with colleagues, where appropriate.
- To manage the University's reputation, taking a lead on crisis PR management.
- To manage the University's PR agency.
- To build and maintain good relations with key journalists (local, national, broadcast, and sector specific) and the press offices of relevant organisations.
- To produce written and visual content that enhances the reputation of the University and is relevant to a range of audiences, including potential students.
- To work closely with the Communications Advisers and academic departments to identify PR opportunities that raise the profile of the University's key messages and publicise the successes of academics.
- To work with the Internal Communications Manager to ensure external news is shared with internal audiences through the regular newsletters.
- Experience of crisis communications.
- Experience of managing multiple projects and the ability to manage tight deadlines.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to manage multiple deadlines.
- Proved tenacity with a 'can do', and proactive approach to work.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the media, and an understanding of how to use social media to deliver PR goals.
- Proven experience in a PR role including experience of working on both proactive and reactive PR strategies.
- Significant experience of producing a wide range of written materials and excellent written communication skills.
- Tact, diplomacy, strong oral communication skills and the ability to convey complex information clearly and precisely.
- A willingness to work flexibility and to tight deadlines, including evening and weekend work when required.