blueskies are delighted to be partnering exclusively with Midlands Air Ambulance Charity to recruit a Interim Communications & PR Executive on a 12 - 18 month contract based in Stourbridge. Funded purely by donations, they have responded to over 52,500 missions since conception in 1991. Based from three air bases and HQ, their amazing crew cover six counties across the Midlands.
The Interim Communications & PR Executive will have responsibility for raising awareness of the charity in order to attract new supporters and develop relationships that reinforce the values of the organisation. You will play a leading role as brand guardian ensuring that all communications to both supporters and corporate partners maintain the reputation and proposition of the charity.
- Deliver communications strategy and across all media including local, regional, national and trade press, broadcast, online and thought leaders
- Develop brand toolkits to ensure consistency of brand communications
- Researching and writing press releases, case studies, speeches, awards submissions and assisting with crisis communications
- Build strong relationships with media contacts to gain maximum coverage and monitor all press activity
- Provide creative content for key MAAC publications including quarterly magazine, volunteer newsletters, corporate e bulletin and all internal communications
- Develop relationships with all stakeholders across the business
- Support on B2C communications campaigns that generate commercial revenue
- Support on B2B campaigns to develop the networks with third parties
- Assist with MAAC events programme - pre, during and post - as necessary
- Support with content for website and social media when required
The Candidate: This is a fantastic opportunity to work for MAAC, a charity that many people have an affinity with. If you are a passionate and driven individual with current experience in PR and communications then this role could be for you. To be considered, you need to be able to demonstrate experience across a broad range of communications channels including print media, online, social media and broadcast and ideally come with a network of existing media contacts or at least have experience of building media relationships. A strong creative writer is essential where you can also demonstrate the ability to flex your tone based on different audiences. Pro-active and with a can-do attitude, you will be happy working over and above standard hours where needed but a flexi time system is available where you can take time back each month.
As well as the salary of £22,000 - £27,000 depending on experience, the benefits which accompany the role are as follows; 23 days holiday + BH + extra day for birthday, pension up to 6% matched, death in service, healthcare.
This Interim Communications & PR Executive role is commutable from Dudley, Hagley, Halesowen, Dudley, Bewdley, Bromsgrove, Bridgnorth, Stourbridge, Redditch, Birmingham, Evesham, Stratford on Avon, Kidderminster, Wolverhampton.
Please note, all direct applications to MAAC will be re-directed to blueskies.
Interim Communications & PR Executive, Stourbridge, £22,000 - £27,000