Purpose of the job
As part of an integrated Insight team, you will help to ensure that all of our activities across marketing, stakeholder communications and PR are well placed to succeed, by being based in full understanding of the target audience, and how the activities are being received by the British population.
Key tasks / responsibilities
You will play a central role in the design, project management, and analysis of insight, across all consumer research commissioned by the team, and also oversee the review and incorporation of third party insight.
- Lead day to day liaison with research agencies, including the design, project management, and analysis of findings
- Liaise with internal teams on their plans to help to ensure insight team plans reflect marketing and communications plans effectively
- Work with the rest of the Insight to ensure that all research, insight, and data findings are communicated in a clear, concise, and articulate way.
- Work with the Insight Managers to help our internal teams to utilise the research findings to shape their own actions in an effective and efficient manner
- Support marketing and communications teams in briefing their own campaign activities and setting KPIs for the activities success criteria.
- Work with the communications team to support the publishing of research findings to media and external stakeholder audiences where appropriate
- Involvement in analysis projects utilising the full range of our commissioned research and third party generated insight to provide strategic insight
- Oversee reviews of third party generated insight and ensure that relevant findings are incorporated as appropriate
Skills, experience and competencies
- A genuine passion for working in a creative and busy marketing environment with experience of working in a relevant marketing research or insight role
- Solid experience and knowledge of a range of primary research methodologies, including end to end project management of primary research studies (either qualitative or quantitative
- Confident at distilling and interpreting research findings from multiple sources into clear and actionable stories for internal teams
- Strong organisation skills and be able to manage projects in order to meet internal timelines
- Strong IT skills, including the creation and management of spreadsheets and powerpoints
- Excellent communication skills (verbal/writing)
- Appreciation of the objectives and activities of Smart Energy GB
- Appreciate the diversity of the people and communities of Great Britain and embrace this diversity in your approach to work
- Experience at managing and analysing both qualitative and quantitative research projects across a variety of primary research methods
- Experience of advertising research
- Understanding and experience of behaviour change theory
- Experience of digital and social media research
- Experience and confidence in tailoring how insight is analysed and distilled according to varying stakeholder needs
- Experience at guiding more junior team members, including setting clear tasks and overseeing their work
- Energetic and enthusiastic approach
All disabled applicants who meet the minimum requirements of the job as set out in the job description and person specification will be guaranteed an interview if requesting to be considered under this scheme.
To apply for this role
Please send your CV and cover letter using the 'Apply' section.
Smart Energy GB actively encourages applications from those groups currently under-represented in our sector. We’re building a team that is able to understand the needs of and effectively communicate with the whole of our diverse nation. So, if you’re applying for a job with us, we’d like to hear how you can help us do this. And we want to hear from you if there’s anything we can do to make our interview process or working environment more inclusive and to meet your particular needs.
Every member of our team goes above and beyond, helps one another out and contributes to the achievement of our ambitious goals. We think it’s only right for us to reward them accordingly:
- Competitive pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Subsidised gym memberships
- Season ticket loan
- 5 annual volunteer days
- Option to buy additional annual leave
- One four week fully paid sabbatical (after 3 years of service)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Free breakfast – to support a positive working environment, a free breakfast and healthy snacks are provided everyday.