Who are KHWS?
We may sound like a Midwest American radio station, but we’re actually an integrated agency of about 100 people based in the heart of Farringdon, London.
Still fiercely independent after 24 years, we have retained the agility to adapt to a rapidly-evolving marketing landscape that the lumbering agency giants can only dream about.
We’re a bright, lively bunch covering all the disciplines you’d expect (client services, creative, planning and digital development teams). And we’re united by a passion for behavourial science.
We leverage ‘Sales Triggers’ (as we call them) to create Brand Commerce campaigns that deliver more effective marketing. Put simply, we create super-clever work that actually makes people buy stuff!
As you’ll discover, we cover the full-channel mix with a big digital heart. It means we’re equally happy designing and building a stunning website, producing powerful interactive content, developing engaging social campaigns, implementing effective eCRM/ecommerce or creating in-store activations.
We’re delighted to call some of the biggest brands our clients and proud of the work we deliver for them. These include Samsung, ExxonMobil, Heathrow Express, Dixons Carphone and ASK Italian.
OK, let’s cut to the chase
As a member of the senior team, and with the goals of the agency front of mind; you’ll devise a strategic and commercial tech plan to support KHWS’ growth as the Brand Commerce Agency. You’ll have the confidence to partner with senior business leads, advising on our tech approach to complex client projects, as well as the growth of the team.
You’ll be a confident and inspiring leader, who is also happy to be hands-on and act as a mentor to a growing team of ambitious individuals.
You’ll be comfortable leading conversations with prospective clients, and able to pitch KHWS’ Brand Commerce proposals.
You’ll be simultaneously accountable for the daily management of the team, as well as the output on client projects, so you’ll need to balance between strategic project deliverables and day-to-day operational challenges with ease.
You’ll consistently look to evolve the creative use of digital technology throughout the agency, so that we can consistently collaborate to create award-worthy work for our clients.
What we’re looking for from you:
- Develop a commercial and future-facing technical strategy that supports growth
- Be ultimately accountable for output on complex tech projects; overseeing team delivery
- Responsible for servers & infrastructure; lead the technology teams to set up and maintain environments. Experience with continuous integration.
- Demonstable full stack experience.
- KHWS is predominantly a .NET development house, so some experience of the .NET stack is essential
- Front End knowledge is essential with the ability to oversee delivery and guide the teams
- A great understanding of web software development, architecture and maintenance
- Oversee app development; with quality and security front of mind.
- Solid understanding of the KHWS business goals and ambitions, able to develop KHWS digital offer in-line with the evolving marketplace
- Plan for strategic Brand Commerce solutions for new or existing clients
- Scope, estimate and procure to support technical project work and architecture
- Lead conversations with prospective and existing clients at a senior level , representing KHWS in pitches and discovery meetings; completing SLA’s and RFIs
- Ability to translated complex technical language into clear and easy-to-understand lanageuage for project stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to clearly articulate concepts, plans and proposals in face-to-face presentations or via web conference.
Innovation & proactivity
- Consistently looking to improve our tech output using creative and innovative new technologies, so that we can stay on top of our marketing game
- In collaboration with the Project Director, QA and Developers, lead the definition and continuous improvement of our skills, software and processes