Our purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities. We need you to help us do this.
Why this role matters
This is a key leadership role within the Consumer organisation, helping to shape the future direction of the Consumer business by supporting and driving decision making on topics of key strategic importance across the three Consumer brands (BT, EE and Plusnet).
You'll be challenging the status quo, acting as a ‘constructive challenger’ on key strategic and investment choices to ensure decisions are aligned to long-term strategy and business imperatives. In this role you'll also underpin growth of the consumer business by identifying transformational opportunities in the 2-5 year horizon. Finally, you'll articulate a clear strategic narrative for the consumer business and engage with the broader strategy community across BT plc to ensure alignment on key challenges and opportunities.
What you’ll be doing
The Head of Strategy is responsible for the development, articulation and communication of a coherent and practical Consumer strategy that addresses the challenges and opportunities within the UK market.
- Manage the process to set the medium term strategy and goals for the commercial and marketing teams, driving alignment to the overall consumer strategy to deliver above inflation revenue & profit growth over 2-5 year time frame
- Work with Group-wide regulatory and legal teams to identify potential opportunities and threats to the consumer business
- Advise & challenge the consumer Mobile and Home commercial and technical teams
- Develop a prioritised roadmap for Mobile and Home (2- 5 years), ensuring interlock with other consumer functions (notably Commercial, Technology and Marketing teams across Mobile and Home for converged propositions) and other key stakeholders
- Lead or support the development of our long-term Mobile and Home strategy including the assessment of options, rationale and business cases for key investments to drive differentiation and above inflation growth
- Generate and evaluate new opportunities
- Define and embed a compelling vision for the Mobile and Home business
- Monitor market trends and actively seek out external benchmarks and examples to help challenge and illuminate potential opportunities within the Mobile and Home value chain
Planning & Execution
- Lead and/or advise on major ‘transformational’ initiatives and business cases including preparation of materials to secure buy-in across all the key stakeholders up to the BT plc Board
- Help drive improved understanding of the Consumer strategy across Consumer, BT Group and externally
We’ll also need to see these on your CV:
- First rate understanding of business strategy development, P&L drivers and strategic challenges facing Consumer.
- Confidence and experience in handling conceptual problems which may often be poorly-defined due to their strategic nature.
- A sound understanding of the consumer/digital/entertainment services market or at least the ability to demonstrate relevant transferable knowledge and capacity to learn fundamentals rapidly.
- Excellent, proven, analytical skills both quantitative (strong Excel/financial modelling) and qualitative.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Capability to cut through organisational complexities and ambiguities to deliver results.
- Ability and experience required to operate at a senior level and “roll-up sleeves” to lead multi-functional teams at any level when necessary.
- Passion, ambition and eagerness to challenge the status quo with a results-based focus to drive change in the organisation.
- Creative capability to find innovative solutions to complex and diverse problems.
Why choose us?
We’re proud to be the world’s oldest communications company but we’re coming at new markets like mobile, TV and sport with the disruptive attitude of a start-up. Doing that takes creativity, energy, curiosity, drive, initiative and ideas. It takes people who make things happen and don’t settle for second-best. Does that sound like you? If the answer’s yes, come and help us revolutionise things for our customers.
We value different perspectives, skills and experiences. Diversity makes sense for us, our customers and our ambitions. We’re creating an inclusive working culture where people from all backgrounds can succeed. That’s why we welcome applications from all parts of the community.
TO APPLY CLICK ON THE APPLY BUTTON