Robert Half are recruiting for a Permanent Head of Strategy - Business Development for a Professional Services Business in the Midlands
The Head of Strategy - Business Development is a business partnering position within a professional services firm, it requires the Head of Strategy - BD to coach and advise all strategic and operational levels of staff that directly affect and produce sales and business acquisition.
The ideal Head of Strategy - Business Development will have a successful sales background and will have developed their career into a senior strategic leadership role coupled with working in a similar role for another Professional Services business or within the Professional Services industry.
You will need to be able to demonstrate a track record of successful leadership and hands on management of sales teams and the ability to build strong relationships and networks
Strong ability to obtain knowledge to understand market dynamics and able to input into the strategic planning and key go-to market activities
Creating strong working relationships with internal leadership from Partner level to daily operational sales staff, deliver effective coaching to assist in the creation and execution of the business acquisition plan.
- Previous successful sales background
- Worked in the Professional Services sector
- Successfully delivery of a sales strategy - directly managing a sales / business development team
- Marketing strategy and social media, brand strategy knowledge - planning and execution
- Previously made strategic decisions based upon management information - both internal sales and marketing MI and analysed ROI, as well as external market information
- Effectively coached and mentored sales teams to deliver performance improvement
- Worked across communications, marketing and sales to form and deliver an integrated, creative and innovative approach, that creates efficiency and ability to build and deploy a multidisciplinary team
- Proven process driven and project management skills, commercially astute and risk aware
- Career coaching across the sales staff portfolio - delivering professional development and nurturing talent
- Strong professional influence and presence, be an adept communicator and be able to capture and retain attention of senior individuals/ an audience
- You will need to be able to articulate examples of leading teams effectively and technical capabilities of creating and delivering business acquisition strategies
4 days a week required to be present in the office and one from home each week
Travel to two other Midlands based offices when required
Paying up to - £76,500 package
The salary range/rates of pay is dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Where rates of pay or salary ranges are detailed these are dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training. If you wish to apply for this position please read our Privacy Notice which details how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice.