Head of Social Media - Luxury eCommerce Brand
- Newly Created To Drive Growth
- London Head Office
- Global Role
A unique opportunity has arisen to join this high-growth and successful brand in the midst of global expansion.
Reporting to the CMO you will take ownership of the Social function, developing and implementing a cross-platform social media strategy to increase brand awareness, media coverage and traffic.
Responsibilities will include:
- Plan and execute successful social media and influencer campaigns.
- Ongoing community management across a range of social media platforms, and other developing social media channels via organic and paid social activity.
- Develop social media output and multimedia capability to support more meaningful conversations with key audiences and increase followers.
- Work closely with key marketing team members to produce written content for all online platforms.
- Publish, repurpose content across approved central social media brand platforms (e.g. copy, articles, photography, video etc).
- Lead community management across all central brand social media platforms
- Set up and maintain social media sales channels.
- Monitor and maintain the digital communications planner and lead weekly planning and insight meetings
- Work with members of the digital and communications team to plan, create and delivery highly-engaging, creative and informative organic content across all brand social media platforms.
- Optimise content for each distinct channel, whether content is written, photography, video or testimonial led.
- Ensure content has a high visual and influential impact
- Conduct ongoing research to identify audience needs, desires and satisfaction.
- Coordinate paid activity with external suppliers (media agency).
- Lead content gathering and placement at events.
- Use Google Analytics, Meltwater and other data sources to assess impact efficiency of social media activity.
- Monitor SEO and user engagement and suggest content optimisation.
- Review reports, analyse and optimise paid activity, with a ‘test, learn and refine’ approach to future improvements.
Successful candidates will have extensive experience creating social strategies for luxury and lifestyle brands, ideally gained in a high-growth entrepreneurial environment.
- Proven experience of managing social media campaigns and longer-term strategies, ideally in the Luxury or Lifestyle sector.
- Experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate.
- Excellent knowledge of SEO and web traffic metrics.
- Experience of working with external agencies.
- Excellent knowledge of marketing principles and brand management.
- Ability to develop and execute a blended organic and paid social strategy to drive both brand awareness and orders.
- Strong writing skills with ability to produce compelling copy.
- Comfortable with social media tools like Buffer and Lumen5.
- Proven ability for photo and video-editing experience.
- Expertise with social listening and community management.
- Ability to grasp future trends in digital technologies and act proactively.
- Experience of managing and writing content.
- Commercial mindset with the ability to think and act strategically.
- High attention to detail, methodical approach and resourceful.
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim and permanent recruitment and executive search specialist for communications, digital and marketing. Specialist practices cover internal and change communications, external communications, investor relations, public affairs, marketing, digital and agency services.
VMAGROUP has an international presence with five offices across Europe. We have a reputation for providing leading consultancy services and advice supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industries supporting planning and decision-making.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.