Head of PR and Marketing
The world’s largest Science, Technology and Medicine Open Access book publisher, which features two Nobel prize winners amongst its editorial contributors, is seeking a Head of PR and Marketing.
This unique opportunity will allow you to shape and grow the PR and Marketing offering to help drive revenue, with specific focus on the UK and US markets.
Your core responsibilities will involve:
- Content hub / SEO
- Press office management
- Social media strategy and implementation
- Executive profiling
- Product marketing
- Issues management / crises
- Employment engagement
- Analytics and Insight
- Agency management
From a perceived gap in the dissemination of scientific information, my client was founded in 2005. Twelve years later, it has grown to become a publisher of choice for the authors of
- over 46,800 scientific works
- featuring contributions from close to 100,000 international authors and editors
- from 3240 international research institutions
- over 12.2 percent of whom are drawn from the world’s top 500 universities
- with 54 authors being amongst the top one percent of most cited authors.
In addition, it is
- the publisher of more than 2800 books
- the recipient of more than 91 million hits on its website with
- over 44.000 science citations
- 570,000 readers per month
This career enlarging opportunity arises as the Company seeks to embark on a rebranding process to enhance its impact on the primary scientific markets within the USA and the UK especially. As well as possessing senior Marketing and PR credentials, you will also be an excellent communicator with a keen interest in, and knowledge of, the scientific landscape. You will ideally have experience of pharma or similar and be used to interacting with highly educated professionals.
For the Company, this will be an important role, which will have a major part in shaping its future direction of travel. As such, its remuneration package will reflect its strategic importance and future expectations.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information. To apply for this position please click on 'Apply' and send us your CV and cover letter.