Southampton Football Club is currently going through an exciting period of growth with ambitious plans for future success on and off the pitch. To achieve their objectives significant investment is being made into the commercial and marketing functions to become ‘best in field’ and to drive new and existing revenue streams, increase fan engagement and enhance the positioning of the brand.
This is a leadership position requiring an individual who is able to develop, direct and implement the sponsorship/partnership strategy. Crucial to success will be a clear understanding of how brands think and ability to empathise with their long term objectives from a football related partnership. You will be expected to promote a ‘shared valued model’ where the brand and club work in partnership to maximise the relationship and build long terms sustainable relationships.
- Deliver the Southampton FC sponsorship strategy that embeds the clubs values & purpose at its heart
- Create a dynamic & agile collaborative internal environment to build ‘best in class’ content & digital assets tailored to the needs of prospective partners
- Place insight & research as a cornerstone of decision making
- Articulate & inspire potential new partners with visionary & value driven propositions
- Demonstrate strong leadership with excellent communication & social intelligence skills to inspire peers and direct line reports
- Operate sustainable & transparent processes that enables talented staff to excel within the business
- Develop new assets & income diversification opportunities to support the Club’s growth ambitions
- Be a senior member of the commercial department identifying and communicating innovative changes, delivering the wider Club strategy to contribute to the overall business goals
- Significant track record of success within partnership acquisition and exceeding revenue targets
- Innovative thinker with the ability to use insight driven data to identify new commercial opportunities and create dynamic and rewarding partnerships
- Able to demonstrate a collaborative and consultative approach without losing sight of financial targets
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills and able to develop effective relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Proven leadership capability with the ability to inspire, develop and motivate a commercial team
- Experience of global partnership acquisition is advantageous