Our client, a fast-growing innovation and technology consultancy, is looking for a driven and commercially focused Head of Marketing to join their London based team on a permanent basis. This role will head up the Government, Public Sector and Defence & Security arm of the business, and will be responsible for leading the development of strategy, innovation, brand awareness and campaign delivery for marketing.
- Develop and drive a marketing and communications strategy which successfully positions the company as a leader in consulting services in the public sector, recognised as innovators, agenda setters and the partner of choice for new and existing clients;
- Promote and develop the brand within the Government/Defence & Security market, proactively acting as ambassador for the company vision in the market;
- Act as guardian of the account teams' customer engagement strategy, working with teams to expand our footprint with existing clients and/or open up new client accounts;
- Identify new market opportunities for the geographies where the Government/Defence & Security sector is important, and effectively use market insights, industry knowledge, customer proximity and sales channel engagement to develop and execute marketing programmes that drive new demand generation;
- Enable our consultants to sell by providing effective marketing assets and tools, actively driving the adoption and utilisation of such tools to increase sales performance;
- Develop and drive the adoption of new creative marketing tactics and operational excellence, as demonstrated through external recognition;
- Proactively collaborate and share best practices across the function.
- Marketing strategy - the ability to work collaboratively with the business in order to shape the direction and the development of marketing strategy, and providing the team with strategic direction and insight to ensure that plans align, support and deliver against business objectives
- Understanding our business - detailed understanding of our Government/Defence & Security sector propositions, solutions and relevant business conversations, and how they can be used to generate opportunities
- Financial & business impact - detailed understanding of pipeline, utilisation and revenue relationships. Ability to effectively manage budgets
- Internal stakeholder relationship management - proactively partner with senior market leaders at executive level. Contract with them to agree delivery expectations on quality and timescales. Challenge and support the business on the right commercial outcomes.
- Campaign/event programme management - provide strategic direction and focus into the creation of the global Government/Defence & Security sector marketing programme
- Understanding the market - anticipate market developments and identify what and how we can add value to customers in order to market insights and propositions to target customers. Detailed understanding of key competitors and how we can respond to and stay ahead of them.
- Communication skills - expert written, presentation, social media, design skills. Able to craft a wide range of compelling communications including emails, notes, reports, invites, briefings, speeches, external communications in line with the tone of voice guidelines.
- Reporting - able to prepare and present on executive level reports on campaigns and programmes to Partner level. Aware of the need to manage and tailor messages for the key audience's they manage. Able to structure a story and telling it in the way most appropriate to the audience, whether it's a top level message, sector business conversation or solution.