Are you an experienced marketing communications professional with a passion for innovating and transforming how organisations communicate with their customers, colleagues and external stakeholders?
EMR are working with GB Railfreight to recruit a Head of Marketing Communications who will have responsibility for creating and delivering a new marketing communications strategy to engage clients, employees, membership bodies and UK Government departments, and ensure GB Railfreight are recognised as a reliable, professional and ethical powerhouse in the industry.
Operating across the UK, GB Railfreight play a critical role in supporting commerce, aggregates, construction, infrastructure and national rail industries transporting huge quantities of goods, railway stock and materials around the country.
Furthermore, with the UK's commitment to reducing carbon emissions by 80% by 2050, the railfreight industry provides a more environmentally friendly mode of transportation than other alternatives. For every freight train used, 160 HGV journeys can be saved, cutting 75% of greenhouse gas emissions.
If you are excited to share the GB Railfreight story, your key responsibilities as Head of Marketing Communications will include:
- Develop strategic marketing communications plans that focus on corporate client growth within the Railway Sector.
- Grow GBRf's influence in the industry by representing GBRf in front of industry stakeholders and the government (including DFT, ORR).
- Maintain strong media relationships with national and trade print and broadcast media.
- Manage the Corporate Affairs strategy including management of PR and public affairs agencies.
- Provide marketing communications counsel to senior stakeholders, including the Board, and drive key ESG initiatives.
- Bring GBRf's corporate values to life, both internally and externally.
- Collaborate with HR on an internal communications strategy that engages with a primarily remote, field-based workforce, and help to create a community of comms champions.
- Work with HR and the senior leadership team to promote key diversity & inclusion and wellbeing policies.
- Review GBRf's brand and corporate website to ensure an engaging and consistent tone of voice across all channels.
Your key skills and experience will include:
- Significant and broad marketing, communications and corporate affairs experience
- Ability to think strategically and perform tactically, with a passion for taking a hands-on approach to a role. You will have no issue spending a morning with the senior leadership team and an afternoon writing content or helping with events.
- A proven innovator, you will have a track record of introducing new ideas, channels and content within organisations.
- The ability to see the broader picture and tie-in marketing communications campaigns to topical key socioeconomic challenges e.g. Brexit, D&I, COVID-19.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, equally adept at providing counsel to the Board and engaging with core operational colleagues in the field.
- Experience creating and delivering an internal communications strategy that engages a largely remote workforce.
- Experience managing public affairs campaigns.
If you feel you have the right skills and experience please apply now.
Applications close on Friday 5th February 2021.