Do you want to develop the Mayor’s marketing campaigns, create innovative propositions, world class campaigns and meaningful social marketing initiatives that unite London around the Mayor’s vision, then this role is for you!
The Mayor of London is looking for an innovative Head of Marketing Campaigns to lead the development of the Mayor’s marketing campaigns and manage the Marketing and Digital Communications teams at City Hall. These teams are responsible for the Mayor’s marketing communications across all channels, including traditional above the line advertising, social media, and email.
This includes working on our most important campaigns like knife crime prevention, tackling London’s housing crisis, women’s rights and gender equality and tackling London’s air pollution campaigns.
This is an exciting time to join the Mayor’s External Relations team, leading a team of marketers and digital comms specialists whose job it is to make sure Londoners know what the Mayor is doing for London and how they can get involved.
You’ll work alongside the Head of Creative to deliver the new marketing and creative strategy for the Mayor. Your main responsibilities will be:
- Developing and leading the marketing strategy.
- Leading the team to deliver all our integrated communications campaigns, working closely with press and digital colleagues.
- Managing our marketing services agencies, creative, research and paid media planning including procurement and monitoring progress.
- Managing the central marketing budget.
- An excellent track record of working on high profile and high impact issue/social-based campaigns, ideally including experience in press/public relations
- Experience of paid media planning and buying, and subsequent evaluation
- Delivering against ambitious objectives and developing strong campaign propositions.
- You must be digital through and through, and understand the full channel mix.
As the Mayor’s Head of Marketing Campaigns, you will have significant impact and influence in helping to manage the Mayor’s relationship and engagement with London’s communities, businesses and Londoners as a whole.
London's diversity is its biggest asset and we strive to ensure our workforce reflects London's diversity at all levels. We welcome applications from everyone regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, faith or disability.
In addition to a good salary package, we offer an attractive range of benefits including 30 days’ annual leave, interest free season ticket loan, interest free bicycle loan, childcare voucher scheme and a career average pension scheme.
Click below to apply for the role