Head of Marketing, Bedford -
We are looking for a driven, energetic and multi-skilled marketer with exceptional leadership ability who can manage a high performing team in order to help them achieve the marketing objectives for the organisation.
If you're the right person for this role you will be a marketing generalist with experience of developing and implementing integrated marketing campaigns across a wide range of channels. You will have a track record of effective staff management, demonstrable experience of developing campaigns that measure impact and return on investment, experience of utilising research and insight in order to inform activities, as well as previously managed budgets effectively.
This organisation is a real success story in their field having won numerous awards and grown their portfolio considerably in recent years, resulting in them becoming one of the main protagonists in their sector. They are firm believers in supporting their employees with professional development and, as part of their benefits package, they offer 30 days holiday plus Christmas off!
Key responsibilities (please note this list is not exhaustive):
- Managing the marketing team to achieve high standards of professionalism and performance in the meeting of objectives and targets.
- Providing guidance and leadership to the team in developing and implementing effective marketing and communication plans and business processes in collaboration with other key stakeholders and in line with the marketing strategic plan.
- Ensuring an excellent and proactive customer service culture, and the efficient and timely delivery of all collateral and activities.
- Raising the profile of the marketing team within the group and sector through awards, speaking at conferences, and producing articles for sector magazines.
- Leading on the development and implementation of a website and social media strategy.
- Gathering, analysing and utilising customers, competitors, product and market information to identify opportunities and to ensure plans are based on insight.
- Managing the marketing budget as appropriate to achieve the objectives of the role.
- Provide the Director with consistent and regular updates on the performance of the marketing team and the effectiveness of campaigns, marketing plans and projects:
- Planning and implementing marketing campaigns that include measurement of impact and return on investment.
- Providing regular analysis and updating key marketing and communications data pertaining to return on investment, impact and effectiveness of marketing mix.
You will ideally have experience working in either education, not-for-profit/charity or the wider services sector, i.e. you will have marketed a services or an experience, but this isn't essential.
It is imperative, however, that you have a quality driven approach with excellent attention to detail and consistently high standards in everything you do. On a daily basis you will be dealing with a wide range of stakeholders with differing personalities and requirements, therefore, you will need the ability to build relationships, influence, and push back where required.
Note that there is some travel within the surrounding regions so a car owner/driver is required.
The role is commutable from areas such as: Luton, Kettering, Northampton, Milton Keynes, St Neots, Biggleswade, Hitchin, Dunstable and Letchworth.
For registration purposes please could you let us know where you are currently based or which locations you are considering as well as your required salary and notice period.
Please upload a Microsoft Word version of your CV where possible, excluding textboxes or images, as this can affect the consultant's job matching process and therefore your details may not be picked up for a role.
Search Brand Recruitment on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn to hear about all of our latest jobs.
Brand Recruitment offers the services of an employment agency for permanent work. Visit Brand Recruitment online http://www.brandrecruitment.co.uk/ to apply for other key marketing jobs in the Central and Eastern region. If you have not heard back from us within seven days, please assume that your application has not been successful.