Head of Marketing
Location: Rugby, CV21 3HQ
Salary: Circa £50,000 (depending on experience)
IChemE (Institution of Chemical Engineers) is the global professional membership organisation for chemical engineers and process engineers.
Founded in 1922, the Institution of Chemical Engineers (IChemE) embraces over 40,000 members in more than 100 countries. We are a multi-national institution with primary offices in the UK and Australia. Our members are found in a wide range of industry sectors, and at different stages of their careers, from students and graduates in training through to senior Fellows at the very highest levels of leadership in business and academia. We provide connections to a powerful professional network.
IChemE is the only organisation that awards the internationally-recognised qualifications of Chartered Chemical Engineer and Professional Process Safety Engineer. We are working towards ISO 9001 accreditation with the goal of achieving certification in 2020.
We are looking for a capable Head of Marketing professional to lead our newly restructured marketing team and manage all activities in relation to the marketing of our membership and knowledge products. You will be responsible for developing and delivering marketing strategies inline with the business objectives set by our Commercial, Membership, Regional and Learned Society teams. In addition, you will be responsible for our corporate brand and identity as well as overseeing the design, print and promotion of all IChemE marketing material.
You may have a degree in marketing and are likely to be a professional member of CIM or a similar Institution. You will have at least 3 years prior experience of managing a team that has successfully delivered marketing campaigns across a wide range of products and services. You will be comfortable getting involved in day to day team issues, managing budgets and forecasts, tracking performance and targets, building and managing key stakeholder relationships and making key operational business decisions. You will be competent in all aspects of ICT and be comfortable using databases and CRM systems. You will also have experience of market research, statistical analysis, copywriting, online polls, surveys and be an excellent all-round communicator and influencer.
Core responsibilities of the role include:
- Developing our marketing strategies and promotional campaigns for our membership and knowledge products and services, working closely with our Membership, Learned Society and Commercial teams
- Developing and maintaining the IChemE brand across geographically dispersed staff and member volunteers
- Providing advice and guidance to regional and international teams and representatives on the development of their promotional materials, marketing campaigns and member communications to ensure consistency throughout IChemE
- Shaping, helping and communicating IChemE value to and for society, members and employers
- Managing, leading and developing the core marketing team, as well as being an active participant in management related activities and meetings
- Analysing the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns, with a focus on delivering high performing campaigns and advising on new market opportunities
- Interacting and consulting with internal and external stakeholders
- Preparing, managing and being accountable for your marketing related budgets, forecasts and management accounts
Due to IChemE’s international nature, this position requires a willingness to work flexibly and to engage in business discussions outside of normal working hours. The position is based at our Rugby office although some occasional travel will be required within the UK.
This is a full-time role based on 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
Starting salary will be circa £50,000 per annum (depending on experience) plus benefits which includes an excellent pension scheme. Only candidates eligible to work in the UK will be considered.
To apply; please provide a CV and a cover letter highlighting your experience against the areas listed above and why you think you are the ideal candidate for the role. To request a copy of the full job description or to formally apply for the position, please email our HR team: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Please note that applications sent without a cover letter will not be reviewed)
The closing date for all applications is close of business Sunday 9 December 2018 with interviews taking place in January 2019.