Mission of the Role
To build, manage and develop Secon Cyber Security’s Marketing capability to world class standards such that it generates quality sales leads with the potential to significantly increasing the company’s revenues.
I. Manage the development of a new marketing strategy and action plan by Q1 2018.
II. Successfully complete implementation of a brand refresh by Q2 2018.
III. Manage the launch of a major thought leadership campaign by Q3 2018.
IV. Successfully execute the marketing strategy and action plan by Q4 2018 and beyond, e.g.
– Clearer marketing objectives; improved measurement and evaluation
– Increased high quality in-bound sales lead generation
– Increased digital/social media engagement and reach
– Increased share of voice in marketplace compared to competitors
– Increased quantity and quality of existing customer engagement
– Increased consistency of message
– Increased in-house marketing skills and capabilities
– Increased confidence in and understanding of marketing across the business
I. Teamwork – working as a team, but also helping other members of your team to achieve a common goal quickly and effectively.
II. Responsibility – the ability to make decisions in certain circumstances, take ownership and be accountable for tasks and projects.
III. Communication – ability to convey information to others in a simple and unambiguous way, distribution of messages clearly and concisely and in a way that connects with the audience; ability to understand instructions, acquire new skills, make requests, ask questions and relay information with ease.
IV. Top technical skills – strong understanding of B2B marketing and the full marketing mix (earned, owned, shared, paid), in particular the use of content marketing, relationship marketing, PR and thought leadership as means of generating sales leads.
V. Detail oriented – strong project management skills (objective setting, communications, risk management, performance tracking, evaluation/measurement).
VI. Problem solving – strong analytical skills; ability to accurately assess a situation and arrive at a positive solution.
VII. Commercial awareness – general knowledge of business; specific understanding of Secon Cyber Security’s industry.
VIII. Results orientation – knowing what results are important, and focusing Secon Cyber Security’s resources to achieve them.
IX. High energy – self starter; consistently energetic, positive and proactive in meetings and in dealings with colleagues
X. Trustworthiness and ethics – consistently good judgement and commitment to integrity.
Scope of Candidate:
Duration of Experience: 5-8 years
Sectoral Experience: Software and/or technology and/or cyber security
Marketing Experience: B2B, content marketing
Location: Hersham, Surrey; ideal for someone living in South West London/West London/Surrey
I. Reporting, management & support:
– Head of Marketing will report to the Chief Operating Officer.
– Head of Marketing will work very closely with the Head of Sales.
– Head of Marketing will manage a marketing team, which initially consists of one Marketing Executive and one Marketing Assistant.
– Head of Marketing will be supported by an external part-time Director of Marketing for aspects of marketing strategy.
– Head of Marketing will be responsible for managing the marketing budget, with support from the Finance team.
II. Start date: as soon as possible
III. Location: Secon Cyber Security HQ in Hersham, Surrey
IV. Remuneration: negotiable depending on experience; mix of basic salary + performance related bonus
– Application Close Date
– Initial Telephone Interviews
– 1st Round Interviews
– 2nd Round Interviews